Chapter 34

Andy heard footsteps behind her, and she turned to look. The men were a few feet away, and looking right at her. She froze, thinking that they wouldn't be able to see her if she stayed still. But they got closer, and she realized they could see her. And they didn't look so friendly. She jumped off the swing and backed away from them. She put her hands up, ready to defend herself. The leader laughed, and they advanced on her. Andy looked around, panicked. The man with the stun gun aimed at her, and she ducked his first shot. She kicked the gun out of his hand, and kicked it away from them. The man cradled his hand, in pain from the kick. Andy kept herself away from them, ready to fight.

"What do you want with me?"

She looked at them, and the leader answered her question.

"We heard you can do some amazing things. And considering we can't see you without these goggles, I'd say they were right."

The man smirked, stepping closer.

"I don't think it's a good idea for you to take me away. I have someone on my side who would be less than pleased to find me missing."

She swatted at the man, glaring at him.

He grinned.

"Fiesty, aren't you. Well we can fix that."

Andy looked at all the men, trying to think of a way to escape them. She remembered the boxing ring, and made them see multiple Andys. While they were trying to figure out which one was really her, she made her escape. She ran back to the apartment, where Wade was sitting once again. She ran inside, closing the door behind her. She was breathing hard, and her eyes watered.

Wade stood up and went to her, wrapping his arms around her. Andy held on to him, she put her head on his chest and closed her eyes.

"It's alright. I've got you. You're safe."