Chapter 40

She pulled back and smiled apologetically.

"I'm sorry, my name isn't Andy."

Wade looked at her, she looked just like Andy. But after looking closer, he noticed tiny details that made her different. She had tiny freckles, and a small scar on the right side of her face, next to her nose.

"But... you look and sound so much like her. Are you related? To Andrea Peck?"

The woman frowned a bit and shook her head.

"No, she is a fictional character. She's in comics."

Wade shook his head.

"No, she's real. She was in the treatment facility with me. She helped me bust out of there. And she had no place to go but with me. And we lived in my apartment. I- I taught her to fight. She is Lady Deadpool, and I am Deadpool. It happened."

His face fell as he continued.

"And then those men took her. She is gone. But then I found you. You look just like her, I swear. And you sound like her."

She put her hand on his shoulder comfortingly.

"I'm sorry that you lost someone so important, but I'm not her. And Andrea Peck is a fictional character. They just made a movie from the comics. I believe it's called the Adventures of Deadpool and Lady Deadpool."

He shook his head.

"No, no, no. I am Wade Wilson. And Andrea Peck is real. I can prove it. Her stuff is still in my apartment."

The lady looked at him as if she felt sorry for him.

"You must have just come from the psych ward. It's that way, if you need to get back there. Where's your nurse?"

Wade began to panic. He didn't know what to think. He ran through the halls, and he was on the street. He looked up, and saw a billboard for the movie about the Deadpools, and his face fell. It must have been a dream.

He took a cab to his apartment, and walked inside. He looked around, and saw no sign that Andy was there. No clothes, nothing that was hers anywhere. He panicked, but the remembered something.

He went into the bedroom and opened the sock drawer. This was his last hope. He looked inside, and found a small box. It was the one he put there. He opened it, and inside was the ring he bought for Andy from the jewelry store.

THE END