Chapter 25

"What are the plans for today?"

Andrea looked at him, trying to change the subject.

Wade stood up, pulling her up with him.

"What do you say to killing some bad guys, make some money, and have an overall great time?"

Andrea nodded, grinning.

"Let me go get on my suit."

She walked to the bedroom and pulled her suit off the back of the chair, and began changing into it.

Wade took his suit off the couch and put it on, then oaded his belts with various weapons.

Andy walked out, in full gear, and Wade grinned.

"Ready?"

She nodded, ponytail swinging.

"You betcha. Where are we going?"

He thought for a second, then decided.

"A fight club. Illegal, bets, and maybe a lead to Francis. But I'll kick ass in the ring and win some easy money in the meantime."

Andy nodded.

"Fighting and winning would make some money. Especially since you can heal, it should be easy for you."

Wade started walking to the door.

"Even without my mutations, I would still win."

She snickered, walking outside.

"If you're lucky. And you get an easy match."

He looked at her and gasped, placing his hand on his chest.

"I'm offended! I guess I'll have to show you that I can win."

Andy laughed, and pulled him out of the apartment, closing the door behind him.

"Have something to prove, Mr. I-can-do-anything?"

He scoffed, and brushed off his shoulder.

"As if."

...

They entered the club, which was dimly lit, crowded, and had a boxing ring in the center of the room. There were sketchy men and tough looking women everywhere, all shouting at the two men who were beating each other near to death in the ring.

"Well isn't this place... charming."

Andy looked around, and Wade made his way towards the ring.

"Excuse me... comin' through... nice ass... who wants to fight me? Two hundred to whoever can beat me. If I win, I get the money. Anyone?"

He tossed his weaponry onto a table, and Andy immediately stood at the table, making sure no one would try to take his stuff.

A buff tall man smirked down at Wade.

"I'll break you like a twig, you pussy."

Wade jumped into the ring, pushing the other two out.

"Come at me, bro."