11

As Phil read the message over and over one thing went through his head. Didn't Dan say he blocked him? Even if he didn't, he is now.

If pj thinks that he is going to ruin this family that phil and Dan have worked for and love and cherish, he has another thing coming.

Phil blocked pj from dans phone, on everything. Facebook, Twitter, snapchat, kik, iMessage, hangouts, and whatever other app he had.

He locked dans phone and looked down at him. He hopes with all his heart that Dan doesn't cheat again. They couldn't put their kids through that pain. And he would make sure he wouldn't. He cherished his family more than he cherished his life. Well, to him his family is his life.

"Papa? Are you okay?" Jamie looked up and asked Phil. He jumped a bit, not know that she was awake. He put on a fake Smile, "yes Jamie I'm okay."

"Papa can I ask you something?" She asked once more. He nodded again,"of course."

"Please don't get mad but I went through the closet. I know I'm not allowed in there but I couldn't find my old phone and I needed it to get pictures from my summer trip last year but I got dads phone instead. And I shouldn't have invaded your privacy, but papa, dad cheated on you didn't he?" Once phil heard that last sentence, his heart broke. He didn't know what to say. And he didn't say anything, so Jamie knew instantly what that meant. Her dad broke her papas heart.

she looked down at her lap, a tear falling from her eye, she knew she shouldn't be crying but it was a mix of being on her period and knowing that her dad has done this in the past. And she does believe in the saying, "once a cheater always a cheater".

"Jamie, that's in the past. Your dad- y-yes he cheated on me, but we looked past that. He had learned from his mistakes and won't do it again."

"But how do you know?"

"Because I trust him."

"Why would you? He cheated!"

"People change Jamie."

"Once a cheater always a cheater!"

"I- I'm going to lay down." Dan spoke. Phils eyes go wide, he didn't realize that Dan has woken up. He quickly got up as well and sent Jamie to her room, and left dil on the couch since he was sleeping.

"Dan wait!" Phil called out following him to their room. When he got there Dan was packing a bag of clothes. Phil started tearing up. Was he going to leave? Leave hi? His family? His marriage? For what? Because his daughter found out about his past?

"Dan stop!" Phil grabbed dans arm and turned him around, stopping him from further packing. Dans eyes were red from crying.

He pushed Phil back.

"N-no! Stay away from me Phil! I don't d-deserve this! This marriage! This family! This life! I can't- I won't. I'm sorry Phil, Jamie knows what I've done and I can't live with myself knowing I hurt you!" Dan screamed out to Phil.

Phil was crying, going weak. "You are just going to hurt me more if you leave! You will hurt Jamie! Dil! You will not give up on your family Dan I know you better than this!"

Dan pulled out of Phils grasp and went to pack some more, but Phil wouldn't let him, he couldn't. "Daniel! Stop it! You are overreacting! She would've found out at some point, we couldn't keep it from her forever! Just stay with us! Think about what you are doing!" Phil cried out, his throat aching from screaming for Dan to stay.

Before Dan could reply the door slammed open, Jamie bursting in, tearing dripping from her chin. "Dad stop!" She grabbed onto his waist like he was her lifeline. "I n-need you dad! Why are you leaving? We need you! I love you dad!" And that's all it took for Dan to collapse to his knees, crying. Jamie was crying just as much as Phil and Dan were. "Please don't go." Jamie whispered to Dan.

But she couldn't stop him. "Jamie, I love you, dil and your papa. But for now, I need to leave. I -I promise to text you and call. I love you." Dan wiped his tears, kissed Jamie on the cheek and stood up grabbing his bag.

Phils eyes went wide, his tears never stopping. "D-Dan!" He blocked the doorway so Dan couldn't leave.

Dan gave him a small smile and wiped Phils tears. "Phil, this isn't goodbye, it's see you later. I love you and just know, I would never hurt you or your family like that." He kissed Phil, his lips tasting salty from their tears. "I love you."

"I love you too." And that was the last words spoken from Dan before he left the house, after kissing Dils head.

Jamie was curled up in a ball, clinging to her dads shirt as if he passed away. The sight made Phils heart completely shatter. "This is all my fault! dad is never coming back! I broke our home!" Jamie screamed running into her room, slamming the door and locking it.

Phil knew that she was upset, heart broken even. So he let her cool off for the night. He didn't know how he was going to let dil know when his dad doesn't come in his room to wake him up in the morning like he usually does.

He stripped from his clothes, wiping his tear stained eyes and climbed into a empty bed. A bed that hadn't been empty in over 10 years. (Them both being 30 and 34).

His heart was shattered but one thing made it worse.

Dan didn't say our family. He said mine.

-
OKAY HERES THE DEAL

I know I said may 10th but your guys' comments made me sad :(

So I decided to post this update to Hold you off until then.

QOTD: what time is it where you are?

AOTD: 7:03 pm