Chapter 10

Sometime in the past...

Ana had never been a difficult child, she knew better. At 5 years old and standing a little more then two feet off the floor Ana had already learned that there would be certain occasions where she would have to fend for herself. She found herself surrounded by lots of Uncles, there was never a female figure in Ana's life. She was an orphan, or at least that's what he told her.

Unfortunately the only real father figure Ana had was a middle aged drunken Irish Man...a man who shadows of Ana and brought her nothing but fear and dread...

There was another make figure in her life though, a man who loved and protected her from most evil and that was a her older brother Guy...otherwise known as Bear, for his height and build.

otherwise known as Bear, for his height and build

This (above pic) is who I see as 'Bear'...he is an actor called Jason Mamoa...
×××××××××××

Back to Present...

Ana jolted upright in bed and frantically searched her surroundings. The shadowy figure entering her room had been just a dream "Shit" Ana exhaled as she tried to catch her breath. It was still daylight, Ana had gone for a lie down after coming over all peculiar.

A knock on the bedroom door made Ana jump "Come in" Ana answered and the door slowly opened "Oh hello Lizzy"

"Afternoon Mrs Shelby" Lizzy smiled as she carried a tray of tea and a plate of sandwiches in her arms before sitting them down on the dressing table "Mr Shelby told me to bring you some tea at 3 o'clock"

"Did he" Ana frowned "I don't suppose he said where he was going?"

"No, just said he was heading out on business and not to expect him home until after dark" Lizzy replied and Ana walked over to her tray of tea and sandwiches "Is there anything I can get you?"

"No thank you Lizzy, this will be all" she smiled as she watched Lizzy nod her head and close the door behind her.

×××××××××

"You're probably wondering about my choice of meeting place" Inspector Campbell smirked as Tommy looked around the empty church.

"Not really, I'm guessing you are a religious man" Tommy exhaled "The worst type usually are...anyway enough about religion, what do you want? I assume you wanted to meet me for a reason?"

"Yes I did" Inspector Campbell looked a little tense as Tommy sat in the pue beside him "I have it on good authority that your wife has been seen back in Birmingham"

"That's right" Tommy gritted his teeth as Inspector Campbell spoke about Ana.

"Is there any particular reason you brought her back from London? Because I am guessing that maybe you ate trying to protect her from someone?" Campbell seemed confident in his theory "Perhaps a member of her kin?"