Chapter 32

Ana's body tossed and turned restlessly, disturbing Tommy's sleep. He lifted his headed and felt her fighting against his body "Shh my love, you're alright" He whispered as Ana fought him furiously "Ana, ANA" Ana's body jolted upright "It's alright my love you're safe" Tommy held Ana close to his chest as she caught her breath.

"You're here to keep me safe" Ana exhaled when she realised where she was. She was comforted by the steady rythym of Tommy's heartbeat.

"Always" Tommy whispered and he strokes Ana's hair gently "What was your dream?"

"He came back for me, my father...he came to drag me back to hell with him" Ana's reply shook Tommy, he turned to face her and kissed her head.

"That man kept you in hell long enough while he was alive, the Devil has no need for you now" Tommy replied gently, Ana looked into his eyes and smiled "Besides you're mine, I'd give the Devil himself a run for his money if he ever tried to take you away from me" Ana chuckled.

"Tommy Shelby, taking on the Devil now?" She teased and Tommy pinned her arms to the bed and rolled onto her, Ana let out a excited squeal, before Tommy kissed her forcefully at first.

Ana grabbed Tommy's back and wrapped her legs around his waist as he leant his body over her, his hand ran up her thigh.

The realisation Ana was naked underneath him was enough to drive Tommy over the edge, it wasn't long before Tommy thrusted inside her and the sound of Ana's moans filled the house.

×××××××××××

The house had emptied for the day, while Tommy and his brother headed to the races with some of the Lees. Ada and Polly had taken Carl and baby William for a trip to Wellowby Park for a picnic, leaving Ana and Bear alone. They were out in the garden drinking tea, well Ana was. Bear was enjoying a few glasses of rum "Why do you think she has come back?"

"I don't know and to be honest I don't really care what her reasons are. She died to me a long time ago and as far as I'm concerned nothings changed" Bear replied, he sat upright in his chair as Ana started coughing frantically "You alright, perhaps you should take Ada's advice and get Dr Riley to call in"

"It's just a cough" Ana chuckled "The syrup Polly got me is working fine"

"Alright" Bear laughed as shook his head at his sisters stuborness "But if it gets any worse?"

"Then I'll call Dr Riley" Ana replied and rolled her eyes.

"Good" Bear sipped some more of his whiskey.

"So tell me more about you and May" Ana grinned as Bears cheeks glowed red "This is the most serious I've ever known you to be about a woman"

"Yeah well I've never known a woman like her" Bear replied "She's something else..."

"Mrs Shelby there's someone here to see you?" Lizzy came outside into the garden and interrupted them mid conversation.

"You expecting someone?" Bear asked and Ana shook her head.

"Did they give a name?" Ana asked and Lizzy nodded.

"Yes she said her name was Rose" Lizzy frowned and Ana stood up quickly.

Bear and Ana rushed inside the house to greet this woman "How did you get this address?" Ana snarled "You have no right come here"

"Anastasia please" Rose stuttered, it was obviously she had fallen on misfortune.

"Don't call me Anastasia, it's Ana" Ana snapped and Bear moved closer to his sister.

"Guy?" Rose smiled weakly.