Chapter 23

"ANA" Polly's voice echoed around the house as she searched each room for the red head "ANA"

"I'm in here Polly" Ana voice sung a reply, Polly finally found Ana her in her bedroom "I can't fasten this" she was struggling to zip up her dress.

Polly chuckled as Ana turned, revealing her now heavily swollen stomach. She was almost 8 months gone now "It's not funny Pol" Ana snapped and Polly held up her hands to surrender, still with a smirk on her face.

"No sorry" Polly hid her smile "There, now come on hurry up, there will he no carpet in the lounge after your brother finishes pacing"

"Alright" Ana stubbed out her cigarette and turned towards Polly "Do you think Tommy is doing the right thing? Revealing this tonight I mean?" Ana rubbed her hand along her stomach and Polly put her hand over it.

"He would never put you or his baby in harms way, he has a plan" Polly smiled.

"You're right, how do I look?" Ana stepped back and Polly had a good look at her.

"Beautiful, now come on. Tommy will be waiting for you" Polly opened the door and stepped aside so Ana could go first.

xxxxxxxx

It didn't take them long to arrive at the town hall, Tommy greeted them "Hello my love, you look beautiful"

"Thank you Mr Shelby" Ana chuckled, she reached her arm under his jacket in felt the gun in the back of his belt "You're expecting trouble?" Ana frowned and Tommy exhaled.

"Oh good gracious" a female voice cried out " Why didn't anyone inform me you were expecting?" The woman approaching them was May Carleton.

"Hello May" Ana greeted May with a polite hug "Forgive us, we swore Guy to secrecy"

"Of course, so I'm assuming you don't have long left?" May grinned excitedly, then frowned as Tommy whispered something to Ana, who replied with a nod. He then went on to kiss Ana's forehead before disappearing into he crowd.

"No just a few weeks we think" Ana smile weakly.

"Lovely" May seemed distracted, she seemed to be watching Beat talking to a taller dark haired man.

"You and my brother seem close?" Ana replied pausing to watch May squirm.

"Oh" she gasped "Erm well yes, but it's just a...well let's just say I can't see myself marrying him..."

"What not?" Ana was both curious and infuriated by May's response "What's wrong with him?" She snapped.

"Well nothing" May seemed astonished by Ana's reaction "It's just..."

"You could do alot worse than my brother" May realised instantly her comment had offended Ana.

"Oh no Ana, it's not that I am ashamed it's just I am not looking for anything like that right now" May quickly explained herself "Bear is...well he is..."

"Ana" John walked towards Ana with an urgent expression on his face "Ana, Tommy wants you to meet him outside"

"What now?" Ana was curious, John nodded and Ana turned quickly to May "Sorry May" Ana smiled before following John "John what's going on?"

"I'm not sure, Tommy just said to fetch you while he went for the car" John replied he was rushing through the crowds.

"Car?" Ana repeated "What?"

"I don't know Ana alright?" John snapped and Ana jumped back a little "I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap it's just Tommy didn't say alot, just to get you"

Ana and John rushed out into the moonlight, standing on the side of the pavement. Just as Tommy pulled up John rushed Ana to the car door, it all happened so quickly after that. John was hit in the back of the head and Ana's hand was ripped from his "ANA" Tommy yelled and rushed to get out of the car. He watched as two men dragged her backwards "ANA" he was almost near the men when he felt something hard against his head.

"TOMMY NO" Ana screamed as a van pulled up sharply beside them "HELP, HELP SOMEONE HELP PLEASE" Ana screamed frantically as she felt herself being lifted off the ground "Get off me, Tommy, TOMMY"

×××××××××××

Tommy could hear the faint music coming from inside, his next sense was the cold cobbles against his face. Tommy winced as he sat up and touched the part of his head which hurt, blood covered his fingertips "Shit Tommy" John's voice was shakey as he staggered to stand.

"Where's Ana?" Tommy searched the street, she had vanished "JOHN WHERE IS SHE?" he yelled before remembering the van "FUCK" he cried "FUCK"

Suddenly Arthur and Bear came outside "Tommy" Bear neared him "What happened? Where's Ana?"

"They took her" Tommy spat the blood out of his mouth and walked towards his car "You fucking coming or not?"

Bear nodded and got in the passengers side of the car "Tommy what do you want us to do?"

"Call Jenkins, put a road block on all the roads leaving Birmingham...find out whatever you can" Tommy ordered before releasing the break lever and pulling away.

××××××××××

Ana's eyes flickered open and she caught a glimpse of her surroundings, the building was old and empty. Ana tried to move her hands but soon realised the had been bound "Shit" she gasped.

"She's waking up" a male voice spoke. Ana hadn't seen him though so his tone startled her a little "Well hello Mrs Shelby..."

"Who are you?" Ana snapped as she looked up the two men in front of her "Why am I here?"

"For insurance" one of the men sniggered. He was shocked that Ana didn't seem scared at all, she was very confident and feisty.

"For who?" Ana spat as she looked around her "Who ordered this?"

"Always were a curious little thing weren't you Anastasia" Ana felt sick as a very familiar voice echoed behind her, she turned her head just enough to see him...The man from her nightmares...Charles Gillespie.

××××××××××

"Oh Arthur thank goodness" Lizzy rushed to greet Arthur as he entered Tommy and Ana's Birmingham home "A man was here, he's gone now, he says they're taking Mrs Shelby tonight...We need to warn Mr Shelby"

"It's too late Lizzy" Arthur sighed as he looked to Polly "They've taken her"

"Who told you this?" Polly frowned.

"Royston" Lizzy's response stunned both Arthur and Polly "Ana's brother"

"Did he say where?" Polly's tone was forceful and panicked.

"He said it wasn't local, somewhere unknown...quiet" Lizzy spoke softly "A warehouse, he said it would need to be near the river"

"I know where they are" John made his presence known by speaking up "Gables old place"

"We need to let Thomas know" Polly rushed towards the telephone "He'll be with Benson, I'll call him there"

×××××××××

"What do you want?" Ana looked straight into her father's face, she was far from the frightened little girl he remembered.

"Easy sweetheart, if you do as you're told I won't harm you" Charles snarled. He crouched in front of her "You were always my favourite" he grinned callously as he moved some hair from her face "So beautiful and pure" Ana didn't let him speak again, she spat in his face. Charles Gillespie reached out and struck her instantly.

"I'm not 5 years old anymore Papa" Ana watched as Charles approached her, he grabbed her throat and made her look at him.

"No and you're not pure anymore either are you" his voice was raspy and full of hatred "You are his most prized possession, that is why I am confident he will come for you..."

It was at that moment Ana understood why she had been captured, she was simply bait to trap Tommy...