Chapter 25

As Ana used Tommy's arms to steady herself she felt her gaze fixed on the red haired man, that was laid out in front of her. His eyes were almost fixed on hers, but they were dark and his skin was pale "It's over Ana" Tommy whispered and kissed Ana's forehead. Ana took one last look at her father as reassurance he was dead. She then looked up at Tommy.

"You're wrong my love, It's only just beginning" she gripped Tommy's jacket sleeve tighter as she felt a pain in her back.

Before they could say anything else they were shocked to hear roaring sound coming from outside the door "Shit Bear" Tommy yelled, for a moment he had forgotten the Spanish gypsy who had accompanied him to the warehouse, in fact for a while Thomas Shelby had wiped out everything from his mind the minute he saw Ana sat in that chair.

Both Tommy and Ana rushed out into the corridor, just in time to see a man flying past them "Sorry I didn't follow" he gasped, he was clearly out of breath "I got abit held up" he gestured towards the unconcious bodies of 5 men around.

"Yeah" Tommy chuckled lightly "I can see that" He looked back to Ana who seemed to be struggling "We need to get home..."

"The baby?" Bear guessed and Ana nodded gently in between shallow breaths.

"Her waters have broken and judging by her breathing I'm guessing it's close" Tommy looked around his surroundings "She needs to be somewhere safe..."

"Course" Bear didn't hesitate he simply picked his sister up in his arms "You drive" he said sternly and Tommy nodded. He agreed he would the best person to drive, he drove well under pressure.

×××××××××××

Polly and Esme were waiting for news back at the house, just like Tommy had ordered. John and Arthur were at the Garrison keeping watch "POLLY" Tommy's voice echoed around the Shelby house as Tommy crashed through the door with his wife in his arms "POL" Tommy called out as Ana panted.

"Oh thank Christ you're safe" Polly gasped a she rushed towards them and hugged Ana's head, he noticed a grave look on Tommy's face "What is it?"

"The baby's coming Pol" Tom explained and Polly looked to Esme then at Ana and then back to Tommy.

"Right...Alright Tommy go to your brothers" Polly suggested and Tommy looked horrified.

"I'm not leaving her" he argued furiously.

"Well you can't stay" Polly retaliated "This is women's business"

"Polly I..." Tommy tried to argue again.

"I know you're worried about her, but I promise she is in good hands" Polly reassured him and Tommy finally agreed "I swear we'll call you when it's time, alright" Tommy nodded and looked to Bear. They both headed our of the room.

"POLLY IT HURTS" Ana screamed as she felt another sharp pain.

"I know sweetheart" Polly soothed "Just take some deep breaths, Esme call for Dr Riley"

Esme rushed down the stairs and towards the telephone.

"It's alright darling, just breathe" Polly said gently, as Ana stood from the chair she was sitting on.

××××××××××××

It had been a good few hours since Tommy and Bear were evicted from the Shelby headquarters, both men sat in the bar waiting for news..."Is it meant to take this long?" Tommy was restless as he checked his watch, he wasn't sure if it was nerves or anxst, but one thing was sure Tommy had a bad feeling.

"Yeah when Martha was in labour it took nearly two days" John laughed, it felt good to be the knowledgeable one for a change.

"Just relax Tommy, the women know what they're doing..." Bear grinned and patted Tommy's shoulder reassuringly.