Chapter 27

"He's definately a Shelby alright" Arthur grinned widely.

"He's beautiful" Ada grinned as she handed the baby back to Ana "So does he have a name yet?"

"Yes he does" Tommy grinned.

"It's William, William James Shelby" Ana grinned and Bear looked stunned "Do you want to hold your nephew Guy?" Bear nodded nervously and Tommy took William and handed him to Bear.

×××××××

"Careful love" Tommy said gently as he helped Ana out of the car, lifting her down by her waist "I've told Trudy to light the fire in the bedroom"

"Bedroom?" Ana frowned "I have spent the last 6 weeks in a bed, can I not at least sit with you in the drawing room?"

"I have work to do?" Tommy replied sternly.

"Well let me help" Ana suggested and Tommy shot her a glare.

"No? Ana the doctor said you must rest" Tommy argued and Ana paused.

"Resting yes, not hibernating" she stood firm "Tommy please I just want to be with you and my son..."

"I've hired a nanny to take care of William until you are fully well" Tommy took Ana's hand and made her walk inside the house.

"A nanny, Tommy I thought we agreed I didn't need a nanny?" Ana protested.

"You agreed my love, I just went along with it to avoid any arguments" Tommy half smiled "Now why don't you wait in the sitting room while I make a phone call, then I can take you up to bed..."

"I thought I was meant to be resting? If you take me to bed I doubt I'll be resting" Ana teased and Tommy chuckled.

Ana frowned as she watched Tommy leave the room and Bear enter "I don't suppose you can change his mind about this ridiculous rest obsession?"

"No sorry Ana I'm with Tom on this one" Bear smiled as he sat on the chair next to Ana.

"Of course you are" Ana sighed knowingly.

"He loves you Ana, if you saw him when they said you might not pull through. He was a mess" Bear greyed and Ana was imediately silenced "He wouldn't even acknowledge William straight away, not until he knew you were going to he okay...HE had no control, that's why he is trying to take some back now by making you rest"

"Yeah okay I get it" Ana moaned as she watch Bear fidget "It's okay we named him William right? I mean I probably should have asked you first"

"What? No Ana, it's an honour you have named him after my Father. William is a good strong name, and he'll go even further with the name Shelby" Guy spoke gently.

××××××××××××

Time passed slowly and hours turned into days, soon two weeks had passed and Ana had spent the most of it in bed just like Tommy had requested. It was Ana's first trip out with her new little Shelby member, she has taken him to to market "Good Morning Mrs Shelby" A jolly man grinned as he looked inside the pram "Oh he is a handsome little man"

"Thank you Robert" Ana pulled the blanket away from Williams face. Robert placed a silver coin in Williams hand.

"For luck little one" He smiled "And this is for you" He handed Ana a small silver brooch. Bear appeared behind Ana, he had been talking to a Peaky Blinder.

"Oh no you can't give away your earnings" Ana frowned.

"It's alright Mrs Shelby, call it payment for the problem your husband rectified for my family" Robert closed Ana's hand around the brooch "I don't have much in the way of riches, so let me do this my way"