Chapter 38

"Would you like another glass?" May held up the bottle of gin and Ana shook her head.

"No thank you, it's not really a drink I like" Ana replied honestly "Whiskey or Rum are more my thing"

"We have whiskey if..." May was obviously nervous.

"Listen I'm not here to drink whiskey or gin, we're here because Bear asked us to come. He wants us to get to know eachother properly, you're important to him and I know he'll probably kill me for telling you this...thing is my brother loves you May. I just hope he isn't going to be just a phase..."

"What" May was obviously angered by Ana's suggestion "I would never do that, despite what you think, I am not that type of woman and I just so happen to love your brother...more than I ever thought I could love anybody in fact..." Ana realised her comment had got May's blood boiling.

"Right well I guess that told me" Ana necked the last drop of Gin in her glass "Now we've cleared that little matter up, let's start again" Ana was impressed by May's fierceness "But this time let's do it with whiskey" Ana winked at May which caused her to laugh.

××××××××××××××

"Do you think they'll be okay? I mean what do woman talk about?" Bear handed Tommy a bale of hay.

"They'll be fine, I've told Ana to be on her best behaviour" Tommy grinned, it was obvious he was toying with his brother-in-law.

"I'd feel happier if we were closer to the house, I mean when has Ana ever done as she was told" Bear hesitated "Maybe I should check up on them?"

"Listen going into that house would be a huge mistake, I mean neither of them have screamed yet so take that as a good sign" Tommy allowed his cigarette to hang loosely between his lips as he scattered the hay around the stable.

××××××××××××

"So you and Tommy have been together for some time..." May sat back on her chair and smoked the cigarette Ana had just lit for her "What do you see in him?" May realised she had miss worded her sentence "Forgive me, I didn't mean...what I meant was what attracts you to him?"

"His eyes, they can be the coldest harshest eyes, or the most gentle...and he has this smile that could tame the devil. And his hands, he can kill a man with the same hands he lays so gently on your body. Thomas Shelby is the perfect mixture of Heaven and hell...he protects what he loves and fights for what he believes in, and he loves me like every man she love his wife" Ana watched as May swallowed some whiskey awkwardly.

"How about you? What do you see in my brother?" Ana was curious as too how this aristocratic woman really saw her brother. She simply assumed it was because of his looks and the fact he was a dangerous man.

"His looks obviously, he too is protective and loyal. But he is also the most generous, sweetest and kindest man I've ever met. I'm not sure why it works but it does, and for the record I love him very much, I have done since I first met him"

Ana was a little shocked by May's response, she knew now exactly how May felt about her brother "Do you think they might think we are going to kill eachother?" May was amused and Ana laughed.

"Probably" Ana replied and poured another whiskey "Let's leave them stewing a little longer shall we?"

The women clinked their glasses together in a silent toast.