Chapter 29

"Your wife is going to be fine Mr Shelby, granted she is a little run down however that's nothing a good rest and perhaps a change of scenery wouldn't fix" The doctor smiled "Your wife is a strong woman, perhaps you should give her some credit for that"

"I will, and thank you" Tommy nodded and shook the doctors extended hand "Can I take her home now?"

"Of course" The doctor grinned "She's waiting for you"

Tommy chuckled lightly as he walked to Ana's, she was sat on her bed fully clothed "You took your time" she grinned and Tommy just stood and looked at her "What is it love?"

"Nothing, just remembering how lucky I am" Tommy replied "Come on let's get you home"

××××××××××

Bear was waiting in the lobby with Polly when Tommy and Ana arrived home. Polly still had her outdoor clothes on, which made it clear she had only just arrived "Well what did they say, are you alright?" Polly hugged Ana tightly.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just a little run down" Ana smiled "And now a little winded perhaps" she teased and Polly stepped backwards.

"Sorry I didn't mean to...I just panicked when Bear called" Polly looked at Tommy who too was smiling.

"Well after you have done squeezing the life out of my wife maybe you could help her pack" he had a playful tone in his voice "We're going on a little holiday, doctors orders"

××××××××××

Ana packed a small bag and left a list of instructions for Polly and Ada. Tommy insisted they would leave William with the women as he felt he was too young for a long car journey.

"So where are we going love?" Ana smiled and Tommy laughed lightly.

"As I said before, it's a surprise...all you need to know is there will be lots of fresh air and countryside" he smirked "and horses and perhaps tea"

"It feels strange leaving him" Ana sighed as she tried to make herself comfortable, ready for the long journey ahead.

"He'll be fine with Polly and Ada, I wouldn't have left him if I didn't think he would be" Tommy replied, he was obviously trying to reassure Ana.

"You're right, I'm sorry I'm just..." Ana tried to explain.

"It's alright my love, you're his mother. Its your job to worry about him" Tommy reassured her.

"I still can't believe you persuaded Bear not to come with us, How?" Ana wondered and Tommy grinned.

"I just reminded him of a woman who would probably enjoy his company for a few days" he smirked playfully and Ana smiled when it clicked.

"May?" She guessed and Tommy nodded.

"You are a bad man Thomas Shelby..." Ana was amused by Tommy's idea.

"Yes I am, but you still married me though"

"Yes I did, but that's because you are my bad man" Ana leant over and kissed Tommy's cheek "How long did you say this drive was?"

"Half a day" Tommy smiled and spoke gently "Perhaps you should get some rest my love"

"Perhaps you're right" Ana yawned and rested her head on Tommy's shoulder. Her eyes were heavy and it wasn't long before she drifted off to sleep.

×××××××××

Ana was a little surprised when her eyes flickered opened and she found herself in bed "Tommy" she called out a she sat upright.