Chapter 22

It was a darkened room in which three men had gathered, an older tall man with wire like red hair and two young men with wispy blonde hair. They were all seated around a dark wood desk which was scattered with documents and drawings "It's a long shot brother, I mean it you won't get close enough to her" one of the young me spoke "Tommy is keeping her closer now and when he is not with her then she is accompanied by a tall dark man, he looks savage?"

"Gypsy" the older man spoke up and corrected "He's a Gypsy"

"A war shy caravan dweller..." one of the younger men sniggered and the older man shit him down with a glance.

"Don't underestimate him, that man is the most dangerous, ruthless man you will ever come across. He is a gypsy true to his blood, but not the kind we know...he is from Spanish blood...he's the wildest most cruel gypsy bastard I have ever known. And you should both know he would kill you both without even batting an eyelid if you are ever proven to mean her harm"

"So we wait until he goes away again, until her and the tinker are alone" a young voice interupted and the older man threw him a furious look.

"You would be making a grave mistake by underestimating Thomas Shelby, he is not a man you can cross lightly" The man exhaled "No it's going to be a much harder task than we first intended to separate Anastasia from her many protectors"

"Then what's the plan?" A younger man asked "How do we plan on capturing her?"

××××××××××

Tommy's eyes flickered open as the sun peered through the gap in the drapes. He had gotten home after Ana had fallen asleep, she had been so tired lately but Tommy knew the reason why.

Ana looked so peaceful when she slept, her naked torso laid still with a white sheet delicately draped across her. Tommy laid quietly for a moment and just watched as Ana's chest rose and fell, it was almost like a therapy for him. He inhaled deeply as he allowed his fingers to trace the scar on her collarbone, as he closed his eyes, remembering the look in her eyes after she was cut. Ana's body twisted suddenly, Tommy could hear her mumbling.

"No" Ana started quietly "No, No, No, get off me, NO" she eventually screamed amd Tommy was quick to comfort her as her body jolted upwards.

"It's alright my love, I'm here, it's just me" Tommy soothed as he pulled Ana close "Shh, you're safe alright" he looked down and could see Ana was looking up at him.

"What time is it?" She exhaled scanning the room.

"It's early love" Tommy replied gently "Which is why I must go and see Polly, I need to collect the money"

"Shall I get dressed?" Ana hesitated on getting out of bed when she saw Tommy shake is head "Why not?"

"Because my love you need to rest and the way things are, I'd feel alot better if I knew you were safe inside the house with Bear" Tommy replied and Ana nodded reluctantly "I won't be late home I promise" he cupped Ana's face in his hands and kissed the top of her head.

×××××××××××

Bear grinned widely as he saw Ana sitting on the bench in the yard "I never thought I'd see the day Ana Shelby just sitting still..." As he walked around the front of Ana it was then he realised "Hey what's happened?" He knelt quickly in front of her "Is it the baby?" Ana shook her head and sniffed causing Bear to relax a little "Then what is it?" He sat beside Ana and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"The last three nights I've had the same dream, he comes into my room and then he..." Ana silenced when she saw two maids walking past her.

"Come on let's go inside" Bear helped Ana stand and they headed into the drawing room. This was a private room the maids were forbidden to enter.