Mandy

Leila and Amy walked to the Deck 207. "Where is she?" Amy asked. "Don't know," Leila said. "Why are you following me?" Mandy asked behind them. Leila and Amy turned around and see Mandy stood there. Her eyes were red and puffy. "I saw you two watching me at the marketplace," Mandy said. "You dropped this, sweetie," Leila said, passing her the small wallet. Mandy took it from her gently. "Only when your friend kept bumping into me," Mandy said, looking at Leila.

"What's that?" Amy asked, pointing at a stripy tent which was covering something up, a 'KEEP OUT' sign placed across the opening. "There's a hole. We have to go back," Mandy said with a fear in her voice. Leila frowned and placed a hand on her shoulder. "What's wrong?" Leila asked. "Nothing," Mandy said. "A hole?" Amy asked. "Are you stupid? There's a hole in the road. We can't go that way. There's a travel pipe down by the airlocks, if you've got stamps. What are you doing?" Mandy asked Amy.

"Oh, don't mind me. Never could resist a keep out sign," Amy said. Leila rolled her eyes. "What's through there? What's so scary about a hole? Something under the road?" Amy asked. "Nobody knows. We're not supposed to talk about it," Mandy said. "About what honey?" Leila asked. "Below," Mandy said. "And because you're not supposed to, you don't? Watch and learn," Amy said. She picked the lock with her hairpin. "You two sound Scottish," Mandy said.

Leila smiled at Mandy. "We are Scottish. What's wrong with that?" Amy asked. "Scotland's got to be here somewhere," Leila said. Mandy shook her head. "They wanted their own ship," She replied. Leila nodded slowly. "Good for them. Nothing changes," Leila said and Amy laughed.

"How did you two get here?" Mandy asked. "We just passing through, you know, with a guy," Leila said. Mandy smiled at her. "Your boyfriend?" She asked. "What? No!" Leila said. Amy looked back at Leila and smirked. Leila looked at her sister. "Shut up and keep working," Leila said. Amy shook her head as she kept smiling. She got back to work on the lock.

Mandy looked at Leila again. "What's you name?" She asked. "Leila. And this is Amy," Leila said. "Is she your sister?" Mandy asked Leila. Leila smiled. "Yes, she is," Leila said, and then whispered to Mandy. "Unfortunately," She joked. Mandy giggled as Amy looked at Leila. "Oi, I heard that," She said. Leila smirked and Amy smiled.

"She's getting married," Leila said. "Really?" Mandy asked. "Yeah. Really, actually married," Amy said. "When?" Mandy asked. "Well, it's kind of weird. A long time ago tomorrow morning," Amy said. She opened the lock. "Hey, hey. Result!" Amy said with a smile. "Stop! You mustn't do that!" Mandy said. She grabbed Leila's arm in fear. "Amy you don't know whet's in there," Leila said. "It's fine," Amy said as she got in. "Amy it's scaring her," Leila said. "You can't go in there," Mandy said.

"Don't worry, she'll be out in a moment," Leila said. Suddenly, there was a clatter from inside the tent and Amy's screams. "Amy!" Leila yelled as she was about to got inside, Mandy tried to pull Leila away.

Suddenly the tent and they surrounded by hooded men as Amy crawled out. Leila turned to Mandy. "Run!" She yelled. Mandy quickly ran away. Then that hooded men grabbed Leila and she felt something inject itself into her skin as Amy passed out. Leila passed out as well.

Leila wake up in a chair in front of four screens and two large buttons labelled Forget and Protest. Leila see a large man in a booth beside her, grinning. "Welcome to voting cubicle three thirty C. Please leave this installation as you would wish to find it. The United Kingdom recognises the right to know of all its citizens. A presentation concerning the history of Starship UK will begin shortly. Your identity is being verified on our electoral roll," A voice said.

"Name: Leila Taylor Pond ... Age: 1305 ... Species: Human ...Marital status: Unknown ... "

"You are here because you want to know the truth about this starship, and I am talking to you because you're entitled to know. When this presentation has finished, you will have a choice. You may either protest. or forget. If you choose to protest, understand this. If just one percent of the population of this ship do likewise, the programme will be discontinued with consequences for you all. If you choose to accept the situation, and we hope that you will, then press the Forget button. All the information I'm about to give you will be erased from your memory. You will continue to enjoy the safety and amenities of Starship UK, unburdened by the knowledge of what has been done to save you. Here then, is the truth about Starship UK, and the price that has been paid for the safety of the British people. May God have mercy on our souls," It said.

Leila frowned, not sure if she wanted to see. Suddenly it flashed through Leila's mind. Images flashed within second Leila pressed her hand down on the forget button without thinking twice, and everything was wiped from her mind within seconds. A tear slipped down her cheek. The door opened. "Leila!" Mandy called.

Leila turned around and see The Doctor, Amy and Mandy inside. Mandy and Amy ran towards Leila and hugged her tightly. "You okay?" Amy asked as she let go of Leila but Mandy still hugged her. "Yeah. Yeah, I don't remember what I saw. Why would I choose to forget?" Leila asked. "Everyone does. Everyone chooses the Forget button," Mandy said as she let go and took Leila's hand.

"Did you?" The Doctor asked. "I'm not eligible to vote yet. I'm 12. Any time after you're 16, you're allowed to the see the film and make your choice. And then once every 5 years," Mandy said. "And once every 5 years, everyone chooses to forget what they've learned. Democracy in action," The Doctor said. "How do you not know about this? Are you Scottish too?" Mandy asked. "Oh, I'm way worse than Scottish. I can't even see the movie. Won't play for me," The Doctor said. Amy and Leila looked at each other and then back at The Doctor.

"Mandy, wait outside. Who knows what will happen," The Doctor said. Mandy looked at Leila, who nodded her head. Mandy walked outside. "Now, this is what I do, every time, every day, every second. This. Hold tight. We're bringing down the government," The Doctor said. He hit the Protest button. The door slam shut, trapping him, Leila and Amy inside. The floor opens up to reveal the long drop. "Say wheee!" The Doctor said. Amy and Leila grabbed hands and screamed as the three of them fell down.