Listen To Me

Rosanna entered alone to the throne room. The Doctor was sitting on her throne. He whistled and she stopped, looking at him as he spoke, "Long way from Saturnyne, aren't you, Sister of the Water?" Rosanna smiled. "No, let me guess. The owner of the psychic paper. Then I take it you're a refugee, like me?" She asked. The Doctor smiled a little.

"I'll make you a deal. An answer for an answer," The Doctor said. Rosanna gave a small nod. "You're using a perception filter. It doesn't change your features, but manipulates the brainwaves of the person looking at you. But seeing one of you for the first time in, say, a mirror, the brain doesn't know what to fill the gap with, so leaves it blank, hence no reflection," The Doctor said.

"Your question?" Rosanna asked with a small smile. "Why can we see your big teeth?" The Doctor asked. Rosanna laughed. "Self preservation over rides the mirage. The subconscious perceives the threat and tries to alert the conscious brain," Rosanna replied. "Where's Isabella?" The Doctor asked. "My turn. Where are you from?" Rosanna asked. "Gallifrey," The Doctor replied.

'You should be in a museum," Rosanna said and The Doctor chuckled. "Or in a mausoleum," Rosanna said. "Why are you here?" The Doctor asked. Rosanna's smile disappeared. "We ran from the Silence. Why are you here?" She asked. "Wedding present. The Silence?" The Doctor asked.

"There were cracks. Some were tiny. Some were as big as the sky. Through some we saw worlds and people, and through others we saw Silence and the end of all things. We fled to an ocean like ours, and the crack snapped shut behind us. Saturnyne was lost," Rosanna replied.

"So Earth is to become Saturnyne Mark Two?" The Doctor asked. Rosanna's eyes lit up. "And you can help me. We can build a new society here, as others have. What do you say?" She asked. The Doctor got up and stepped forwards. "Where's Isabella?" He asked as he walked past her. Rosanna frowned. "Isabella?" She asked. The Doctor looked at her. "The girl who saved Leila and her sister," He said.

"Oh, deserters must be executed. Any general will tell you that. I need an answer, Doctor. A partnership. Any which way you choose," Rosanna said, standing directly in front of him. "I don't think that's such a good idea, do you? I'm a Time Lord. You're a big fish. Think of the children," The Doctor said. Rosanna turned on her heel. "Carlo? You're right. We're nothing alike. I will bend the heavens to save my race, while you philosophise," Rosanna said as Carlo entered.

"This ends today. I will tear down the House of Calvierri, stone by stone. And you know why? You didn't know Isabella's name. You didn't know Isabella's name," The Doctor said before he was escorted out and left outside.

The Doctor was scanning Amy's neck, checking her bite. "You're fine. Open wide," The Doctor said and Amy opened her mouth and he popped a sweet inside befor walking over to Leila. "Your turn love," He said. Leila moved her hair to the side. The Doctor scanned her bite marks and checking his Screwdriver. "You're fine. Open wide," The Doctor said and Leila opened her mouth and he popped a sweet inside.

"I need to think. Come on, brain. Think, think, think. Think," The Doctor said as he sat down. "If they're fish people, it explains why they hate the sun," Amy said. The Doctor put his hand on her mouth as he spoke, "Stop talking. Brain thinking. Hush."

"It's the school thing I don't understand," Rory said. The Doctor put his other hand on his mouth as well. "Stop talking. Brain thinking. Hush," The Doctor said. "I say we take the fight to them," Guido said. "Ah, ah, ah," The Doctor said. "What?" Guido asked. "Ah," The Doctor said, looking at Rory. Rory placed a hand over Guido's mouth. "But fish can't survive for ever on land," Leila said. The Doctor looked at her and Amy placed a hand over Leila's mouth.

The Doctor's eyes grow wide slightly. "No wait. That's it!" He said. Leila frowned and Amy pulled her hand away. "Her planet dies, so they flee through a crack in space and time and end up here. Then she closes off the city and, one by one, starts changing the people into creatures like her to start a new gene pool. Got it. But then what? They come from the sea. Like Leila said, they can't survive for ever on land, so what's she going to do? Unless she's going to do something to the environment to make the city habitable. She said, I shall bend the heavens to save my race. Bend the heavens. Bend the heavens. She's going to sink Venice," The Doctor said.

"She's going to sink Venice?" Guido asked. "And repopulate it with the girls she's transformed," The Doctor said. "You can't repopulate somewhere with just women. You need blokes," Rory said. "She's got blokes," Amy said. "Where?" The Doctor asked. "In the canal. She said to me and Leila that there are ten thousand husbands waiting in the water," Amy said.

"Only the male offspring survived the journey here. She's got ten thousand children swimming around the canals, waiting for Mum to make them some compatible girlfriends. Urgh. I mean, I've been around a bit, but really that's, that's eugh," The Doctor said. Leila smirked. Then there was a large bang upstairs.

"The people upstairs are very noisy," The Doctor said. "There aren't any people upstairs," Guido said. "Do you know, I knew you were going to say that. Did anyone else know he was going to say that?" The Doctor asked. "Is it the vampires?" Rory asked. "Like I said, they're not vampires," The Doctor said and he pulled his UV light. "Fish from space."

A window braked and the girls gathered the window and they all got up. "Aren't we on the second floor?" Rory asked. The Doctor waved his UV light at the girls, then uses his Sonic Screwdriver to reveal their true appearance. "What's happened to them?" Guido asked.

"There's nothing left of them. They've been fully converted. Blimey, fish from space have never been so buxom," The Doctor said. Leila grabbed his hand. "We have to go, now!" She said and everyone ran. Leila gently let go of The Doctor's hand and ran forwards with Amy and Rory.

"Give me the lamp," Guido said to The Doctor. He gave Guido the UV light. "Go, go, go, guys. Keep moving. Go, go, go," The Doctor said as they ran outside. The Doctor turned around and see Guido closing the door as The Doctor ran back and Guido spoke, "Stay away from the door, Doctor." The Doctor tried to open the door. "No. Guido, What are you doing? I'm not leaving you. What are you doing?" The Doctor asked. "Guido!"

The Doctor remembered Guido's collection of gunpowder barrels. He ran away, very fast. And then there was a big explosion.

Leila, Amy and Rory came back and looked with The Doctor at the sky, that had a violent thunderstorm. "Rosanna's initiating the final phase," The Doctor said. "We need to stop her," Leila said. "She's right," Amy said.

"No, no, no. Get back to the TARDIS," The Doctor said. "You can't stop her on your own," Amy said. "We don't discuss this. I tell you to do something, and you do it," The Doctor snapped. Leila glared at him before storming off with Amy. "Thank you," Rory said to The Doctor before ran after the sisters.