A Doctor

They all woke up at the TARDIS. "Oh, this is bad. I don't like this," The Doctor said and kicked the console, and hurt his leg. "Argh. Never use force. You just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case, always use force."

"Shall I run and get the manual?" Amy asked as The Doctor limped to underneath the control panel. "I threw it in a supernova," The Doctor said. "You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?" Leila asked.

"Because I disagreed with it. Stop talking to me when I'm cross," The Doctor said, looking up at Leila through the glass floor. "Okay, but whatever's wrong with the TARDIS, is that what caused us to dream about the future?" Rory asked.

"If we were dreaming of the future," The Doctor said and he walked back up. "Well, of course we were. We were in Leadworth," Amy said. "Upper Leadworth," Rory corrected. "It's still boring," Leila murmured and Amy tried to hid her smile.

"And we could still be in Upper Leadworth, dreaming of this. Don't you get it?" The Doctor asked. "No, okay? No, this is real. I'm definitely awake now," Amy said. "And you thought you were definitely awake when you were all elephanty," The Doctor said.

"Hey. Pregnant," Amy said and Leila smirked. "And you could be giving birth right now. This could be the dream. I told you. Trust nothing we see or hear or feel. Look around you. Examine everything. Look for all the details that don't ring true," The Doctor said.

"Well, we're in a spaceship that's bigger on the inside than the outside with a bow tie-wearing alien. So maybe what rings true isn't so simple," Leila said. "Valid point," The Doctor said.

Suddenly, the TARDIS switched off. "It's dead. We're in a dead time machine," The Doctor said. Then there was a bird sings. Rory hugged Amy and The Doctor pulled Leila closer to him. "Remember, this is real. But when we wake up in the other place, remember how real this feels," The Doctor said. "It is real. I know it's real," Leila said.

They woke up at Leadworth. They were sitting at a bench outside the Library. The Doctor stood up and looked around. "Okay, this is the real one. Definitely this one. It's all solid," Amy said as she holding her pregnant belly gently. "It felt solid in the TARDIS too," The Doctor pointed out. "You can't spot a dream while you're having it."

Leila, Amy and Rory got up as The Doctor waved his hand in front of his face. Leila frowned. "What are you doing?" She asked. "Looking for motion blur, pixilation. It could be a computer simulation. I don't think so, though," The Doctor said.

A little old woman walked past. "Hello, Doctor," She said. "Hi," The Doctor said as the same time as Rory, "Hello."

The Doctor looked at Rory, frowning. "You're a doctor," He said. "Yeah. And unlike you, I've actually passed some exams," Rory said. "A doctor, not a nurse. Just like you've always dreamed. How interesting," The Doctor said as he started to walk away.

The three followed him. "What is?" Rory asked, frowning. "Your dream wife, your dream job, probably your dream baby. Maybe this is your dream," Leila said as they all stopped walking.

"It's Amy's dream too, isn't it, Amy?" Rory asked. "Yes," Amy said. "What's that?" The Doctor asked, pointing at the house behind him. "Old people's home," Amy replied. There were a few old people looking at the four through the windows.

"You said everyone here lives to their nineties. There's something here that doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a stick," The Doctor said and then he started to running straight into the house. Rory followed. "Oh. Can we not do the running thing?" Amy asked and Leila helped her.

Once the four got into the house, the old people smiled at us. "Oh hello, Doctor Williams." "Hello, Rory love," An old woman said with a smile. Rory smiled, "Hello, Ms. Poggit. How's your hip?"

"A bit stiff," Ms. Poggit replied. "Oh, easy, D-96 compound, plus. No, you don't have that yet. Forget that," The Doctor said. "Who's your friend?" Ms. Poggit asked Rory and then looked at Leila, "His he your boyfriend?"

Leila and The Doctor looked at each other before looking back at Ms. Poggit, "No," Leila replied. Ms. Poggit smiled. "Can I borrow your friend? He's the size of my grandson," She said.

Leila smirked and pulled The Doctor down and watched as Ms. Poggit pulled the jumper over his head, "Slightly keen to move on. Freak psychic schism to sort out," The Doctor said. Leila bit back a laugh. "You look great," She said.

The Doctor looked at her and smirked. "I know. I'm the hot stuff," He said and Leila giggled as she shook her head. The Doctor looked back at Ms. Poggit and frowned slightly. "You're incredibly old, aren't you?" The Doctor said.

The rest of the residents in the lounge stare at him, And so did Leila, Amy and Rory, frowning. Then the birdsong started and the four fall asleep.