It's Leila's Choice

They were back at the TARDIS. "It's really cold. Have you got any warm clothing?" Leila asked The Doctor. "What does it matter if we're cold? We have to know what she is up to," He snapped.

Leila stared at him in shock while Amy and Rory glared at him. The Doctor's eyes softed. "Sorry, sorry, love. There should be some stuff down there. Have a look," He said.

Leila, Amy and Rory walked down the steps. "What's with him?" Leila asked. "I think he's jealous," Amy said. Leila frowned at her sister. "Jealous? What are you talking about?" She asked. "Well," Rory started. "I think so too. He jealous because maybe you still love Shaun."

Leila stared at him, didn't knew what to say. "The Doctor is in love with you," Rory said and Amy nodded in agreement. Leila shook her head slightly. "Don't. Just don't," She said and grabbed a blanket and handed it to Rory.

Amy sighed. "Lille, you know Shaun is dead," She said gently. Leila grabbed three more blankets and then looked at her sister. "The word where we saw him . . . Wasn't real," Amy said. "It can't be, 'cos he's there."

Leila looked at the floor for a moment and then back up. "I know," She spoke quietly and then handed Amy a blanket and then walked back up the stairs. She saw that The Doctor had a whisk, rope and bottle opener into a gizmo. "Ah, Rory, wind. Amy, could you attach this to the monitor, please."

"I was promised amazing worlds. Instead I get duff central heating and a weird, kitcheny wind-up device," Rory said. "It's a generator. Get winding," The Doctor said. "Not enough," Leila said. "Rory, wind," The Doctor said.

"Why is the Dream Lord picking on you? Why us?" Rory asked. Then, the scanner come to life and the four walked over. "Where are we?" Amy asked. "We're in trouble," The Doctor replied. "What is that?" Leila asked. "A star. A cold star," The Doctor replied.

Then The Doctor rushed to the door and opened it. "That's why we're freezing. It's not a heating malfunction. We're drifting towards a cold sun. There's our deadly danger for this version of reality," The Doctor said and closed the door.

"So this must be the dream. There's no such thing as a cold star. Stars burn," Leila said. "So's this one. It's just burning cold," The Doctor said. "Is that possible?" Rory asked, frowning.

"I can't know everything. Why does everybody expect me to, always?" The Doctor asked. "Okay, this is something you haven't seen before. So does that mean this is the dream?" Rory asked. "I don't know, but there it is, and I'd say we've got about 14 minutes until we crash into it. But that's not a problem," The Doctor said.

"Because you know how to get us out of this?" Rory asked, hoping that the answer is yes. "Because we'll have frozen to death by then," The Doctor replied. "What are we going to do?" Leila asked. "Stay calm. Don't get sucked in to it, because this just might be the battle that we have to lose," The Doctor said.

Leila rolled her eyes and then glared at him. "Oh dear, Doctor," The Dream Lord said. "Dissent in the ranks. There was an old doctor from Gallifrey, who ended up throwing his life away. He let down his friends and-" He looked startled as the bird song started up. "Oh, no. We've run out of time. Don't spend too long there, or you'll catch your death here." The four fall a sleep.

They were back at the village. "Hey, you guys okay?" Shaun asked. "Yeah. Yeah," Leila said as she and Amy got up from the swings whit Rory and The Doctor got up to their feet.

The Doctor glared at Shaun before rushing to the castle. Rory, Amy, Leila and Shaun followed him. "Where have the children gone?" The Doctor asked. "Um, don't know. Play time's probably over, 'cos their wasn't children when I got back," Shaun replied as he and Rory walked closer to look around.

While The Doctor scanned the molehills and objects left next to them, Amy looked at Leila, "The Dream Lord said it's your choice," Amy whispered. Leila looked at her and opened her mouth to say something but then closed it and then looked between The Doctor and Shaun.

"What can I do?" Leila asked as she looked at Amy, hoping her sister would help her. "Just listen to your heart," Amy said and she and Leila looked back at the boys. "Doctor, what are you doing? What are those piles of dust?" Leila asked.

The Doctor looked at them, "Play time's definitely over." All of them had their eyes grow wide. "Oh, my God," Amy said. "What happened to them?" Rory asked. The Doctor spotted the old people that were walking along the street. "I think they did," The Doctor replied as he and the others were looking at the old people.

"But they're just old people," Shaun pointed out. "No, they're very old people," The Doctor said. He started to walk off to the old people. "Sorry, Rory, I don't think you're what's been keeping them alive."

Then, the Dream Lord appeared. "Hello, peasants. What's this, attack of the old people?." He looked at the five. "Oh, that's ridiculous. This has got to be the dream, hasn't it?" Then he looked at Leila. "What do you think, Leila? Let's all jump under a bus and wake up in the TARDIS." He turned to The Doctor. "You first."

"Leave her alone," The Doctor said coldly. "Do that again. I love it when he does that. Tall dark hero. Leave her alone," The Dream Lord said and then he looked at Shaun. "You must be Shaun," He said with a grin.

"Who are you?" Shaun asked. "Call me the Dream Lord," The Dream Lord said and then looked at Leila. "Now I know why it's so hard to choose, love," He said. "Leave me alone," Leila said.

"I know who you are," The Doctor said. The Dream Lord looked at him. "Course you don't," He said. "Course I do. No idea how you can be here, but there's only one person in the universe who hates me as much as you do," The Doctor said. The Dream Lord smirked. "Never mind me. Maybe you should worry about them."

The five looked at the old people, who were walking across the grass towards them. They looked back and saw that the Dream Lord vanished and then looked back at the old people.

"Hi. Hello," Rory said. "Hello, we were wondering where you went. To get reinforcements, by the look of it. Are you all right? You look a bit tense," The Doctor said. "Hello, Mr. Nainby," Rory said. "Rory," Shaun warned.

"Mr. Nainby ran the sweet shop. He used to slip me the odd free toffee," Rory said and then Mr. Nainby grabbed Rory by the collar and lifts him off his feet. "Did I not say thank you?" Rory asked and then he got thrown into the mud by the swings.

"How did he do that?" Rory asked as he started to get up. "I suspect he's not himself. Don't get comfortable here. You may have to run, fast," The Doctor said. "Can't we just talk to them?" Amy suggested.

Then, the old people opened their mouths, and an eye looked out. "There is an eye in her mouth," Shaun said as The Doctor scanned them. "There's a whole creature inside her. Inside all of them. They've been there for years, living and waiting."

"That is disgusting. They're not going to be peeping out of anywhere else, are they?" Rory asked. Then, Ms. Poggit breaths a stream of green gas at them. "Run!" The Doctor said. "Doctor!" Leila said as Shaun grabbed her hand and dragged her with him, Amy and Rory. "Go, go," The Doctor said and the four ran away.