The Earth

The TARDIS materialized at a Graveyard. The Doctor opened the door. "Behold, Rio," The Doctor said as he stopped outside. Leila, Amy and Rory frowned and looked at The Doctor. "Doctor, this isn't Rio," Amy said. "Not really getting the sunshine carnival vibe," Rory said.

"No? Ooo, feel that, though. What's that?" The Doctor asked. He jumped up and down on the spot. "Ground feels strange. Just me. Wait. That's weird," The Doctor said. "What's weird?" Leila asked.

"Doctor, stop trying to distract us. We're in the wrong place. Doctor, it's freezing and I've dressed for Rio. We are not stopping here. Doctor. You listening to me? It's a graveyard. You promised me and Leila a beach," Amy said. She, Leila and Rory followed The Doctor towards a patch of grass, he kneeled down beside it.

The Doctor picked it up and it was blue grass. "Blue grass. Patches of it all around the graveyard. So, Earth, 2020-ish, ten years in your future, wrong continent for Rio, I'll admit, but it's not a massive overshoot," The Doctor said.

"Why are those people waving at us?" Amy asked, pointing at two figures on the other side of the valley. "Can't be," The Doctor said. Rory started to wave back. "Don't," Amy said and pushed his hand down and Leila giggled.

The Doctor used a pair of binoculars. "It is. It's you two," He said, pointing at Amy and Rory. "No, we're here. How can we be up there?" Rory asked. "10 years in your future. Come to relive past glories, I'd imagine. Humans, you're so nostalgic," The Doctor said, smiling.

Leila frowned. "Where am I?" She asked, looking at The Doctor. "With any luck - With me," The Doctor said with a grin, pulling Leila to him. Leila smirked.

"We're still together in 10 years?" Amy asked. "No need to sound so surprised," Rory said and Leila giggled. "Hey, let's go and talk to them. We can say hi to future us. How cool is that?" Amy said.

"Er, no, best not. Really best not. These things get complicated very quickly, and oh look. Big mining thing. Oh, I love a big mining thing. See, way better than Rio. Rio doesn't have a big mining thing," The Doctor said. "We're not going to have a look, are we?" Leila asked. "Let's go and have a look," The Doctor said with a smile.

Leila and Amy chuckled and The Doctor took Leila's hand. "Come on, you three, let's see what they're doing," The Doctor said and he pulled Leila down the hill.

Amy soon caught up with Leila and The Doctor and Leila frowned. "Where's Rory?" She asked. "He went back to the TARDIS, putting my engagement ring back there. He doesn't want me loosing it," Amy replied.

"Spoilsport" Leila said and Amy giggled. "That's what I said," She said as she walked beside her sister as Leila walked hand in hand with The Doctor.

They came to a large gate. The Doctor gently let go of Leila's hand and read the sign. "Restricted access. No unauthorised personnel," The Doctor said. He looked at Leila and winked. "You're not going to, are you?" She asked.

The Doctor grinned. He pulled out his Sonic and zapping the lock. "That is breaking and entering," Amy said. "What did I break? Sonicking and entering. Totally different," The Doctor said. Leila laughed and shook her head. She and Amy followed The Doctor inside.

"What about now? Can you feel it now?" The Doctor asked. Leila frowned and shook her head. "I have no idea what you're on about," Leila said. "The ground doesn't feel like it should," The Doctor said.

"It's 10 years in the future. Maybe how this ground feels is how it always feels," Leila said. "Good thought, but no, it doesn't," The Doctor said. Leila folded her arms across her chest.

"Hear that, drill in start-up mode. Afterwaves of a recent seismological shift and blue grass," The Doctor said before eating it then spitting it back out making Amy and Leila frown.