Chapter 12

~Leo~

"Father!" I heard.

I looked behind Corrin to see Midori running up towards me.

"Oh hi Midori! Um, Corrin and I are a little busy right now," I tried to explain.

She hugged me anyways. Corrin weakly smiled.

"Hey Midori, how about you go find Shiro?" Corrin suggested.

She looked sadly at him.

"He didn't look too good when I saw him," she said bluntly.

She looked very pale.

"Are you sick Midori? Do I need to call a medic?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"I... I," a tear ran down her cheek.

I noticed Shigure in the distance, looking extremely worried.

"Midori what ha-"

"I was hiding under the table and overheard Corrin and Shiro! I want to see him again!" she shouted.

Corrin turned pale.

"I don't want to lose more people in my life! I miss my first Father and my first Mother!"

"Don't worry Midori, we'll find him," Corrin assured.

I was confused. What was going on?

"What's going on? Who's missing?" I asked.

"Kiragi, Takumi's son," Corrin explained.

I frowned. This was bad news.

"We'll find him Midori," I said. She sniffled.

Shigure took Midori off of me and carried her away, probably to her room. I looked at Corrin.

"Where did you last see him?"

"The day Ryoma became King," Corrin said.

"Stay here for the night Corrin, I need some time to think," I said, walking away.

Corrin sighed and went to find Shiro.

~Midori~

Shigure carried me back to my room. I didn't want to go there. I wanted to see Kiragi again. I wanted to feel the special feeling he gave me. He put me down in my bed and started to sing. His singing never did the same thing as Mother's. I pretended to fall asleep. He fell for it and walked out. Mommy Camilla must've been outside, I could hear him explain everything. I waited a bit longer for them to go away.

I opened my eyes and snuck out of my room. I was going to find Kiragi. I went up to the roof where I found Shiro crying. I hid behind a giant statue. Good thing no one was training. I suddenly fell backwards, and fell down millions of steps. I shrieked a little, and Shiro came to my help.

"Where are we?" Shiro asked, finally catching up.

I groaned a little, rubbing my head. Everything hurt.

"I don't know," I answered.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah," I stuttered.

He had the same eyes as Kiragi's, except they seemed to be tired and were red and puffy from crying. There was a silence, and I could hear people. I got up and started walking.

"Hey, you should lie down! I don't want you hurt!" he said.

I gave him a look that screamed, 'I-don't-care'. He sighed, and we continued to walk. That's when we saw something horrifying. Among thousands of beaten up children and body parts was Kiragi in a cage with a price.

"1,000,000,000 gold full. See owner for parts."

I started to gag, and Shiro carried me, running away. There were a lot of people yelling. The smell of blood was overwhelming me. Why was Kiragi being sold? What were those children there? Why were there body parts everywhere?

~Chapter done by NekoTriforce~