Chapter 42

~Laslow~

After dinner, Selena and I headed up a small valley. Dozens upon dozens of blue petunias filled the fields. The sky was midnight and it was a starless night. Selena sat down on the bed of petunias while I laid beside her.

"A penny for your thoughts? That doesn't seem like a pleasant expression." I turned my head towards her.

Selena scoffed, "I'm fine. I haven't smacked you yet."

A slight chuckle escaped my lips. "I suppose. You just seem deep in thought.."

"...I guess I will tell you. It felt like everything came back like a crashing wave. I went through my old things and a long time ago, Brady and I had a club named the S&B Society. The tent was blown away in a storm but I had some of the decorations from there. That's when I confessed to Brady, but I met Subaki..and everything has changed."

"Well, that's what happens. You grow as a person. You can't control who you have feelings for. While I still have my devilish charms, I've actually taken a break from the dating scene. I've been more focused on protecting those around me as crazy as it sounds." I responded

"I know that you dolt! I just..can't accept that reality.." Selena sighed in defeat. "Emotions are so difficult."

I chuckled lightly, "I suppose they are, but you just have to accept them."

Selena groaned. "I just wished this war had not happened.."

"We all wish the same." I looked up at the sky and saw a shooting star. "Oh..is that the wishing star?"

Selena looked up at the sky as well. "Possibly. But that would be pathetic to wish on a star. It probably doesn't come true."

"No, it does. Fate has mysterious powers, though if two people wish for the same thing at the same time, only one of those wishes will be granted."

"Lame." Selena rolled her eyes. "...Maybe it does work, though.. I'll give it a try."

"Pray to Naga nobody will wish for the same thing you do at the same time. By the way, what do you plan on asking?"

"Well.." Selena trailed off.

~Chapter done by HumbleTomato~