Chapter 40

A/N: Continuance from chapter 37, enjoy! - Humble

~Laslow~

"Is he an enemy of ours?" The Exalted Prince raised an eyebrow.

"Well..not exactly." I began. "He's rather unfit to be King. In my opinion, at least. From experience, of course."

"Experience such as..?"

"Well, earlier what happened was that..Peri, she harmed someone accidentally by bumping into a woman who has become injured from the interaction. King Leo had gone off on her. I do not see why he had the need to do such a thing. Even though he is unseasoned with affairs unlike Lord Xander, anyone with common sense would not dare lash out their anger on someone else." I had explained. Peri had slumped in

Chrom sighs, "I see..This King Leo, is he young and married?"

"Young, yes. Married? No.his feelings were rebuffed by a Princess in a neighboring Kingdom."

"With an attitude like that, it would a caw-tastrophe for his lady to be to experience his wrath. If he can do it to the servants, imagine how he would treat his wife.." My father fiddled with his fork.

My mother stands up, "I refuse to believe something like that. I believe his heart is pure and still in learning. Maybe he was caught up in the moment and let his emotions overwhelm him."

"Olivia." My father put his fork down.

"Whether or not that may be the case, it is unruly to do such a thing. Tragedies happen whether we have control of situations or not. That is Fate calling for those to come to the other side. We all lose loved ones at some point. Nobody wants that, but it just happens."

Selena, or rather Severa looks away at my speech. "Unfortunately.."

I return her comment with a sad sigh as I out my head down. "As much as I would love to stay, I can't.."

My mother placed her hand gently on top of mine. "Please, do stay for some time. My little boy comes to visit only to leave me the same night?" Her pale pink eyes were about to burst into tears.

Chrom chimed in, "I'm sure staying for some time won't kill. Especially since you are unaware of your final destination. Am I correct?"

"That is correct."

"Then please, do take the time to relax and catch up with everyone. I'm sure the others would love to see you." He gives me a warm smile.

"That shouldn't hurt." I shook my head and looked a Peri. She was still slumped in her seat until I flashed her a smile. She looked at me and sat up shyly. She was quiet. Too quiet.

"Are you alright, Oliva? You don't want your mas-caw-ra to run and taint your beauty." My father wiped the small tears that escaped from Mother's eyes. My mother nodded shyly, her face heating up from how close Father was to her in front of company.

Several puts down her fork and looks at me. I look down at my full plate. I had spoken so much, I had neglected eating.

Chrom chuckles lightly, "Eat, Inigo. You must be starving."

I nod and resumed my meal. Sumia walked in with a pie in her hands. "Anyone have room for pi—!" Sumia trips over her feet.

"Sumia!" Chrom sprouts out of his chair to catch the pie in one hand and his clumsy wife in another with the help and support of his arm. "Are you alright..?"

Sumia nods shyly, "Y-yes! Thank you."

I smile at the sight. Some things never change...

~Chapter done by HumbleTomato~