Chapter 35

~Laslow~

Entering the luscious green plains I absolutely adore, the fresh air that surrounded the land, the bright blue sky...It feels as if a weight has been taken of my shoulders. "It's so bright...when was the last time we saw the light?" I used my hand as a shield from the sun's rays.

"Whenever we left.." Selena answered as she looked around. "Odin, do you have an idea on where they are?"

"They...? Who are you talking about?" Peri murmured under her breath, her eyes gazing at me intently.

"Other people are coming, I'm assuming, Peri." Niles crossed his arms as he looked at me.

"They are..." I scratched my nose, Odin received my message.

"DOWN SWORDHAND!" He shouted. "Hmm..."

Peri blinked at Odin, surprised at his sudden outburst. "Oh how long it was when I last heard that." I chuckled slightly.

"My blood aches west! Head west!" Odin held his right hand dramatically.

"Are you sure that's the right way?" Peri questioned, traces of doubt could be heard.

Selena crossed her arms frustrated and shook her head annoyed, her long crimson ponytails swaying back and forth. "If you're just going to question us, the natives from here, then you find a place yourself."

"Woah, aren't you just a fiesty one." Niles smirked at Selena only receiving an eye roll in returns.

"Calm yourself, Selena. Everything will be alright. Besides, she doesn't need to be yelled at again. Prince Leo had already done that." I placed a hand gently on Peri's shoulder.

Selena dropped her hands and looked away.

"Onwards!" Odin took the lead and marched west with Selena, Niles, Peri, and I following.

Strolling through the seemingly endless grassy plains, a small town was reached, Ylisstol.

"How long has it been since I've walked these stone paths and took a girl to tea?" I looked around in awe.

"Never since you can't ever get close to a girl without a slap to the face." Selena retorted. Peri giggled softly.

"In my defense, I did get one girl...but she robbed me blind. Oh my dear Marissa...MELINDA! That's what I meant! That was her name!"

Niles chuckles at me and teased, "Nice going, Romeo."

I shook my head. Niles was looking from left to right. "Hmm.." he was looking at an opened house with a performance going on. "That looks pretty interesting if I do say so myself, Odin had walked away to where the people had flocked to.

"Odin? Odin!" I sighed. "He's too far gone at this point."

"Where is he even going?" Peri asked. Selena shrugged in response. I decided to follow him in curiosity.

It seemed as if my eyes were deceiving me...a woman with flowing pink cherry blossom hair was twirling and dancing gracefully with her white garb and her revealing airy black pants. It's as almost as if it was her...Mother...I was left stunned. Quickly I looked down to see if it was there. Her ring from years ago she had passed down to me. Even if I was no longer Inigo and living life in Ylisse, I still had her ring. The only thing that reminded me that I was never alone.

The crowd bursts into cheers and applause. A faint small yet humble blush came from mother as she bowed to the audience. She shyly removed herself from the stage and met with my father, Henry.

Henry was smiling as he clapped for his wife, Olivia. "Enchanting as always. You never cease to amaze."

Olivia became more flushed with her husband's compliment. "Th-Thank you."

"Aww, you're so caw-ute!" Henry chuckled at his own crow pun.

"Oh you.." Olivia smiled at him.

I smiled to myself quietly as I watched them behind the drapes, debating with myself if I should go up to them and talk to, I gripped the stage drapes. "If I were to join and reunite back with them, we could all be a family again..." I pondered to myself.

Selena tapped on my shoulder. "You alright? You've just been staring."

I turned to the tsundere girl, "My parents are right in front of my eyes but I have no clue if I should go to them and tell them right on the spot.."

"What's stopping you?" She asks.

"If I do return, then it'll be hard for me to leave." I sighed, looking down.

"I'm sure they'll under—"

"Not them. I know they'd understand, but...I'm the one who doesn't want to leave."

"Come on, Inigo." Selena groaned a bit. I flinched when I heard that name. My real name. "This isn't like you. I know you would miss them but sometimes you just have to let go. It's not like this is the end."

"How would we know that? Countless times we head into battle unbeknownst to what lies ahead of us. We could have all died at any point  in time. When we had forged that deal with Anankos, we truly thought it was the end. I don't want to lose them nor anyone else for good. At times it was so hard to keep up a smile for everyone around us."

"You idiot...we all feel the same, but perceive it differently. I miss my mother and father..." Selena trailed off.

"As do I...but tis not the end, if we do leave again, we make a vow to come back if you're worrying so much. It's now or never."

I looked back over at them and approached them, "Hello.."

The two turned to me and gasped in awe. Mother pounced onto me for a hug. "It's you! It really is you, Inigo!"  Henry joined in on the hug. "You've finally came home." She takes my hands and squeezes them happily, tears flowing from her eyes.

Henry turned, only to see the others. "Inigo's not the only one who's home." Olivia peeked her eyes up to see Selena and Odin before her eyes.

"This is truly a blessing.." Olivia couldn't stop the happy tears. "We must report back to the castle to inform Chrom!"

Henry looked over at Peri and Niles. "Who are these foreigners? They look caw-razy! I wonder what color blood they have!"

"I'm Peri! P for pulverize, E for eviscerate, R for ruin, and I for impale! Kee hee!" Peri did her signature cheer. Henry smiled and gave a small chuckle "I like you already!" He then turned to Niles. "Do you like bad guy blood as well, Patchy?"

"Bloodshed? If it's necessary to see the suffering of others, then I suppose. The name's Niles. Former outlaw, current disgrace."

"Ooh, Patchy's got quite the reputation he has to uphold."

Mother took my hand. "Please, we must return to the castle immediate!"

"I-immediately?! Are you sure this cannot wait?" I beseeched.

Mother shakes her head no. "The kingdom has been searching far and wide for you three. Now that you're back, we can all be at peace forever."

Odin, Peri, and Niles held their heads up high walking to the castle, Selena kept glancing at me from time to time to check up on me. I, however kept to myself.

Truly, I felt as if that word peace had meaning to me. I felt comfortable being home again. Now I must head to the castle to inform Lord Chrom that we're home. The forever part took me aback. I couldn't bear the thoughts of losing my parents.

"Inigo?" Selena looks at me. I turn my head to avoid her words as I found myself becoming distracted by the word forever. I've seen many lives taken right before my eyes. Peace forever...if only...

"Nothing lasts forever. Forever is a lie. All we have is what's in between hello and goodbye."

Chapter done by HumbleTomato