Chapter 41

~Leo~

I sat in my throne, exhausted from the day's work. It's only been a week, and I lost some of Nohr's best retainers. It seems the more time I spend as King, the more I realize how much I resemble my Father.

And I do not want to be like him.

"Father?"
My head shot up when I heard the voice. Midori poked her head into the throne room.
"Ah Midori! Come in! I've been meaning to speak with you."
The young girl beamed before rushing over to the throne. I knelt down and picked her up. She giggled as I set her down on my lap. "I remember you saying you would like to go collect herbs. Would you like to go tomorrow?"
The girl's face lit up as I asked the question. "Yes! I would love to!" She replied. "Shigure can come too!" She suddenly gasped. "We can have a picnic with the herbs we picked!"
I laughed at her excitement. "Very well! It's a date! I'll have the servants-"
"Milord! Please pardon the intrusion!"
Midori and I looked to the door as a guard rushed in. He was covered in mud and bruises. He panted as he knelt down in front of us.
"What is it?" I asked as I set Midori down on the ground.
"M-Milord! T-There's an army heading this way!"
"WHAT!?" I shot up from the throne. "Are they Hoshidans!?"
"No it can't be. With Corrin over there...There's no way he would allow Hoshido to do this."
"N-No Sir. I-It's a different army! B-But s-something's different about it!"
"Something different...? Are they consisting of our villagers!?"
"Has Cheve rose up again!? Have they finally had enough of me!?"
"T-That's the thing Milord!" The guard rasped.

"They're consisting of both Hoshidons and Nohrians."

~Chapter done Rio2244~