Chapter 26

~Oboro~

"The Wolfskin village?! Why?!" I asked, obviously annoyed.

"I have a feeling that's where we will find Prince Xander's and Princess Elise's retainers. Besides, I saw a black cloud of smoke coming from that direction."

I nodded and followed him along with everyone else. Once we had finally arrived, the village was in shambles. There were forests on fire, growling, and Wolfskins fighting. . .Peri!!

"You're right where I want you!" Peri shouted as she lifted her lance in the air.

"Peri, no-!!!" I yelled out to her. Alas, I was too late. Crimson red blood trickled down the black and white fur.

Peri cackled loudly.

"Peri, you need to stop!" Laslow advised.

"This is INJUSTICE!" Arthur commented.

Peri frowned, "No! Tell me again, and I'll stab you!!"

Laslow backed into Effie. "Effie, help a fella out."

Effie held Laslow protectively. Peri rolled her eyes and continued killing off the Wolfskin.

"STOP!!" Hana shouted to all of the Nohrian retainers. They all turned to her rather surprised.

"How did you find us?!" Effie asked.

"Kitsune running away from what seemed to be the Wolfskin village." I answered.

Arthur sighed, "They've done nothing to deserve this."

"What happened?" Subaki asked.

Keaton had slipped into the conversation, "I can explain."

"Woe! Where'd you-" Hana began.

"Later." Keaton stopped her. "We had thought Kitsune attacked our village but we were wrong. We finally made peace with them so it seemed rather odd for them to attack us. We chased the Kitsunes that were already in, out. After that, we discovered that the Nohrians, which we had trusted, began attacking us for no valid reason."

"Wow. . ." Hinata's eyes widened. "What can we do to help-"

"PERI!! IF YOU KILL THAT WOLFSKIN, I SWEAR TO NAGA!" Laslow raised his voice.

"OR YOU'LL WHAT?! YOU DON'T SCARE ME!! BACK AWAY AND I MIGHT JUST LET YOU LIVE!!" Peri dropped the Wolfskin she held by the throat and pointed her lance at Laslow's heart.

"No! This is all wrong! And kill me! Let's see if you actually do it!" Laslow dared.

~Chapter done by HumbleTomato~