n e i g h b o r s # 1

Also known as Chapter 5... Enjoy

______________________________

Emily had a smile on her face as she finished her last few footsteps of her morning run. She felt refreshed and energized. She began to walk back to her house, taking sips of water from her water bottle and looking around at the nature surrounding her.

Just at the opposite end of the street was another person who had finished his morning run. Daniel began to jog to his house after taking a few minutes to recover from his run. He reached his door quickly and then paused in front of his door to pick up his newspaper.

He was so focused on reading the headlines that he hadn't notice his neighbor approaching her front door. She was in her own world, so she didn't see him either. Then, like clockwork, something happened. This time, it wasn't her fault, it was his-- he threw his water on her.

"What is wrong with you?! "

"What do you mean? You're the one who decided to stand where I was throwing out my water!"

"And that means you can splash it all over my doorway?"

Emily glared at Daniel as he just screwed his water bottle lid back on. He began to calmly open his front door.

"You aren't going to apologize to me?"

"Nope."

He gave her a smirk and walked inside, closing the door hard. She sighed with frustration and stomped inside her house. She tossed her things on her couch and went into her kitchen.

"I hate him."

Inside his house, Daniel was stepping inside his shower to get ready for his work day.

"She is so annoying; I hate her."