Chapter Twenty-Four

Eden collapsed on top of Parker's sweaty chest, both panting.

"Oh God."

"Yeah," Parker laughed, his hand lazily trailing up her spin.

"That was..."

"Yeah."

Eden rolled off of Parker, her sweaty back meeting the cool mat. She closed her bright green eyes and let a smile engulf her face.

"I like when you're on top," Parker purred.

"I like when training sessions end with us naked."

Parker laughed again, his hand finding hers on the mat and giving it a squeeze. She opened her eyes and turned her head to look at him. They both smiled.

"I'm really happy, Parker."

Parker gave her hand another squeeze. "Me too."

Eden held his gaze. "We could... we could do normal," she said hesitantly.

Parker's eyes widened and so did his grin. "Yeah?"

"Yeah. I mean, we haven't... gone out in over a month. First it was because you were hurt and needed to heal, but now... I don't feel like we need the mask and the crusade to be together. We could be normal. We could be something without it. Without all the... darkness."

Parker sat up, eyes playful. "Well shit. I had a surprise for you."

Eden arched a brow. "Didn't you just give me a satisfying surprise?"

Parker shook his head, laughing, and stood up, giving Eden a perfect view of his toned ass as he pulled on his sweatpants.

Eden pouted. "There's no need to be modest, Parker."

"There is when you have that evil glint in your eyes. I'll be right back." He dashed up the stairs and into the kitchen where he'd put this morning's mail. He barely gave the large, yellow envelope with his name written in a familiar scrawl a second glance as he grabbed the large box that sat atop it and took off down the stairs again.

Eden was just pulling on Parker's discarded shirt when he hurried back down the stairs. He'd never get tired of seeing her in his clothes. In his bed. His house. His life. He handed her the box and pulled out his pocket knife, handing them both to her before sitting down on the mat.

Eden sat back down eagerly, the box resting on her lap. She flicked open the knife and slicked through the tape, then ripped open the flaps. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply.

"Now put it on," Parker said, voice thick.

Eden opened her eyes and pulled out the soft, new leather. She moaned. "God, Parker, I'm going to have a leather kink for the rest of my life."

"Good. Because so will I, especially if you put that on." He caught his bottom lips between his teeth. "Put it on."

Eden sat back and stuck her feet through, slowly easing each pant leg up her calf. "Fuck. This is ridiculous." She jerked the pants up her thighs another inch. "How. The. Fuck. Do I. Get. Them. On," she panted, still yanking the pants up her thighs.

"How the fuck can I get them off you?" Parker whispered, his eyes filled with hunger.

Eden stood and hopped up and down as she pulled the skintight pants over her ass. Parker groaned, immediately handing her the jacket to put on next. Her lips lifted in a sinful smirk as she peeled the shirt off and slipped the jacket over her bare shoulders with ease. She zipped it slowly, her wicked green eyes boring into Parker's. He handed her the mask inaudibly, completely transfixed. He wet his lips.