First Days of College

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-gi-oh nor the characters in the story. I only own the story.

/Thoughts/

Yugi plopped down on the bed in his new dorm room. He could not believe that he had finally made it to college. He sighed as he looked around the room. The dorm rooms at this school were different than most other schools. They were more like small apartments with two or four bedrooms (depending on if the student wanted to pay more for their own room), two bathrooms, a kitchen and a living room. The dorm was shared amongst four students. The walls were tan and the carpet was made of cheap blue material. They had to have purchased the ugly thing for the durability because it sure was not purchased for the appearance. In each of the bedrooms, the school had provided a light wooden desk that matched the wood of the bed frame and the three drawer dresser.

Yugi had opted to pay a little bit more for his own room. Yugi had large amethyst eyes that sparkled like gems and tri-colored hair that spiked around his head like a starfish. The tri-colored locks were black with violet tips and blonde bangs that framed his cherubic face. He ran his fingers through his bangs as he sat up and jumped off the bed. He placed one of his suitcases on the bed where he previously lay. He unzipped the black luggage with one fluid motion opening it to reveal his clothes, pajamas, socks, and underwear. Each item of clothing was removed from the suitcase and either hung up in the closet or placed neatly in the dresser. He smiled while emptying the luggage. As he neared the bottom of the suitcase, his stuffed Kuriboh came into view. The small furry stuffed creature was set on the desk; a temporary place until his bed was made.

After a few hours, Yugi's room was finished. His posters of the Dark Magician and the Dark Magician Girl were hanging, his laptop was on his desk, his clothes were put away, and his bed was made complete with stuffed Kuriboh. He wiped the sweat off of his brow and he smiled proudly at his new living space for the next year of school.

He went to the room right next to his and leaned up against the door frame, staring in at the blonde who was half asleep on the bare mattress, "Do you plan on unpacking at some point this semester or is that something you plan on doing over holiday?"

The blonde cracked a honey colored eye open and threw a shoe gently at his friend, "Shuddup Yug! I'll get to it!" Yugi chuckled and easily dodged the shoe.

Joey stood and walked towards his little friend, "So how far are you wit your unpackin?" he asked as he stepped into Yugi's room, "What?! You're already done!"

Yugi chuckled again, "Do you want some help with your room, Joey?" The blonde nodded, "Okay! Let's get to it!" Yugi pulled Joey back to his room.

The duo working diligently on setting up Joey's room. When the room at least resembled a living space, they decided to take a break and finish the day off with a relaxing duel monsters game.

\/\/\/

Yugi set his bag down on the floor next to him in his first class of the semester History of Ancient Egypt. He always found Egypt fascinating. His amethyst eyes traced the walls. His movements to pull out his textbook and tablet out of his bag were slow and robotic. His attention fully on the surrounding decor. The walls consisted of many pictures of Egypt such as the Sphinx, The Great Pyramids, and maps of Egypt throughout history and as it is in the present. Yugi's smile grew larger and larger as he drank in his surroundings.

Heavy footsteps of someone wearing boots interrupted his thoughts as they walked from the back of the classroom to the front. The figure passed Yugi leaving behind the smell of sandalwood and other various spices. The scent was intoxicating. Yugi closed his eyes and breathed it in deeply; his nose trying desperately to hang onto the remaining scent left by the mysterious individual. As he slowly opened his eyes he saw the figure standing in front of the room his back facing the class as he wrote his name on the board in delicate script. The figure was dressed in tight black slacks and a silk black button up shirt. The name on the board read, "Yami". The slim muscular figure turned to face the class.