Such a Great Day

A/N: Thank you for reading. I hope you like the story so far and hope you will like the below chapter. Please vote and leave comments. They are both amazing and appreciated!

/Yugi's thoughts/

Yugi stood up and excitedly shook the hand of the woman across from him, "Thank you for this opportunity Mrs. Whittmore! I won't let you down!" Yugi exclaimed. He had been hired as a circulation desk student assistant for the campus library. "When do I start?"

Mrs. Whittmore was an elderly lady with a kind aura about her. She had a soft face with kind grey eyes and short wispy silver hair. She smiled back at the ecstatic youth as he nearly jumped out of his skin, bursting with excitement. She handed him a sheet of paper with the days of the week on it, "Please write your class schedule here and let us know when you are available to work. After that, we will be able to schedule a day to train you and come up with your official work schedule."

Yugi took the paper and quickly jotted down each of his classes and the hours when he was available. He handed the document back to the woman. Her grey eyes widened, "That was fast! I will give you a call and let you know when to come in for your first day."

Yugi bowed to her, "Thank you! I am so excited to start."

"We are excited to have you!. Have a great day, Yugi," she waved.

"Thank you, Mrs. Whittmore, you do the same!" The tri-colored youth waved enthusiastically and took his leave from the library.

As he rounded the corner of the library's exterior, he was grabbed by the waist. A soft yet firm hand covered his mouth preventing him from screaming. He began to squirm to get out of his captor's grip. He could feel the captor's hot breath on his neck, "Shhh calm down chibi, it's just me." Dominick released Yugi who in turn spun around and glared at the other petite youth.

"Don't scare me like that!" Yugi shoved the other playfully.

"Sorry." Dominick replied nuzzling the nape of Yugi's neck, sending chills up and down  Yugi's spine, "What were you doing in the library?"

"I just got a job there." Yugi smiled.

"Congratulations! Let's celebrate!" Dominick grabbed Yugi's hand and dragged him across campus. 

"Where are we going?" Yugi asked not recognizing the street.

"My apartment, I live down this street just a few blocks down." Dominick responded. Yugi followed in silence. A small part of his mind replayed the conversation that he had a few days ago with Duke. A feeling of unease crept over him; his large amethyst pools shifted to watch Dominick from the corner of his eyes. 

/This is silly. I'm being ridiculous. This can't be the same one,/ Yugi shrugged off the feeling and continued following the petite blue eyed classmate without giving another thought to the warning.

The duo arrived at a gated apartment complex. Dominick reached in his pocket to pull out his keys. He first unlocked the green gate leading into the complex and then veered left; walking into the first apartment building. The ground level apartment was small with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, and a combined dining room and living room. The black leather couch resting on the opposite wall provided a striking contrast to the cream colored carpets and eggshell walls.

Yugi paused just inside the door, "This is nice."

"Thank you! Please take your shoes off," responded Dominick; a flick of his wrist drew Yugi's attention to the shoe rack to the right of the door. Dominick placed his tennis shoes on the rack and made his way to the kitchen. Yugi obeyed; removing his boots and resting them on the shoe rack next to Dominick's tennis shoes.