The Day Before

A/N: Hello all. Thank you to everyone who has liked, commented, and followed me. I appreciate your support more than you know. I hope you enjoy the chapter! Please feed the authoress with comments and likes! 

/Thoughts/

Amethyst eyes slowly opened. A low groan escaped his lips as he pinched the bridge of his nose located between his eyes. He felt like he had been dragged behind a truck for several miles before it back up over him only to drive forward and run over him again. His entire body ached and he felt a little bit queasy; but the worst part was the splitting headache. He heard the door quietly open in the dark room closing shortly after that.

Yugi swallowed hard, "Yami?" His voice came out as an inaudible whisper. He cleared his throat and tried again, "Yami?" This time his voice was more of a croak, but it was audible.

"I am here, Aibou," the soothing baritone voice responded. The bed next to Yugi sank with the added wait when Yami sat at the edge. Yami's fingers gently danced across Yugi's forehead trying to bring some comfort to his hung-over fiancé.

Yugi moaned, "Next time Bakura, Marik, and the others kidnap me, will you please tell them to leave the copious amounts of alcohol out of it?"

Yami chuckled, "I can try; however, from what you've told me about the group, it would not do any good." Yugi felt the weight leave the bed as Yami stood and walked to the other side of the room. "I brought you something that should help with your hangover," the professor lit a candle on his desk casting the room in a warm glow instead of a harsh bright light. Yugi shifted to sit up and watch his lover via candlelight. The dull flicker of the candle accentuating Yami's well toned figure under his usual tight t-shirt and leather pants.

Yami grabbed the tray from the desk and brought it over to the bed placing it in Yugi's lap, "Toast, water, Advil, and a special family recipe for hangovers."

Yugi looked at the concoction, "I don't suppose its hot chocolate or chocolate milk?" Yugi asked hopefully; his amethyst locked on the glass of what appeared to contain mud.

Yami's crimson sparkled in the dim light, "Not quite. Just trust me little one, it will help." Yugi's amethyst stared at the drink before lifting it cautiously to his lips and tipping some of the thick brown liquid into his mouth.

Yugi struggled to swallow the thick liquid before he stuck his tongue out, "Most definitely not chocolate. This stuff tastes like mud mixed with tar."

Yami crawled to the head of the bed sitting next to Yugi, "I'm sorry little one. I know the flavor is not the best, but it will help you recover from the hangover." Yugi took one more drink before setting it aside and laying his head against the chiseled chest of his lover. The rhythmic heartbeat and the sound of Yami's lungs fill with oxygen before releasing provided a calming effect to the hung over youth. Yugi loved hearing the sounds of his crimson eyed doppelganger's heart and his gentle breathing. Yami hummed softly to Yugi; his fingers massaging Yugi's scalp to ease the raging headache.

After several minutes of listening to the beautiful baritone voice hum, amethyest glanced up to meet crimson, "That is beautiful, Yami. What song is that?"

"It is an Egyptian lullaby. My mother use to sing it to my sister and I before bed when we were very young." Yami whispered.

"They are coming to the wedding aren't they? Your sister and mother I mean," Yugi blinked hopefully.

"Of course little one. You will actually get to meet them tonight at the rehearsal dinner." Yugi smiled. "Don't think about anything right now my love. Focus on relaxing your body and mind to get rid of the hangover." He reached over to the forgotten brown beverage on the nightstand and handed it to Yugi, "And at least drink this."