Unconcious

A/N: Ello everyone. Thank you for your continued support. I really really really really appreciate it. Hope you enjoy the chapter *hugs.* Please vote and comment. Both are so awesome!

/Thoughts/

Yugi winced; his eyes fluttered open and closed immediately when bright sun blinded him. He rubbed the sleep from his lashes and tried to open them again, "Where am I?" he asked sleepily.

"You're home," his favorite baritone voice answered, so close. It sounded like he was right next to him!

Yugi turned his head to the side and met deep piercing and affectionate crimson staring back at him. He was laying in their bed in the royal bedchambers, "Atem!" The pharaoh smiled and wrapped Yugi in a loving embrace. "How did I get here? I was in the cave before."

"What cave?" Atem asked.

Yugi furrowed his brow confused, "What do you mean what cave? Kunji Cave where I was on an archaeology dig."

Crimson eyes looked even more confused, "Yugi, you've been here the entire time."

Yugi shook his head confused. /Did I dream that entire thing?/ He sighed, worried that he might be going insane, "Where's Layla?"

The pharaoh tilted his head, "Who is Layla?"

Yugi's mouth fell open, "Our daughter!"

"We have a daughter?" Atem looked thoroughly confused and astonished. "Yugi, we don't have a daughter. That's a bit impossible isn't it?"

"What in the name of Ra is going on?!" Yugi screamed.

"Yugi," the amethyst eyed man looked at lover. His normally silky baritone voice sounded strange. "Yugi!" the voice was louder and even more distorted.

"Yugi snap out of it!"

The petite archaeologist blinked and refocused. Keith was standing over him. He was still laying on the ledge in the cave. The pain returned with a vengeance in a rapid and merciless wave throughout his body. Yugi screamed out, fighting back the urge to cry. 

"Keith?" Yugi groaned. 

"Thank god! You were out of it for a while there. Look!" Keith pointed up. There were shadows passing over the crevice where the light penetrated the cave's darkness. Yugi also could hear talking above them. "We are being rescued! They found us!" Yugi smiled, laying his head back on the cave floor. He was relieved that they were being rescued but his body would not allow him to remain awake for long. The pain was overwhelming and his body and mind could not take it any longer. 

The group above them helped pull Keith out of the cave before sending in three men with a stretcher to retrieve Yugi. The blonde blinked, emerging into the blinding sunlight. A figure stepped forward the sun casting his body in shadows.

"Are you Keith?" A deep rich voice came from the figure.

"Yes, that's me," The blonde blinked a few more times trying to adjust his eyes to the brightness. Once his eyes were able to fully take in the person in front of him, his jaw dropped. The figure standing before him was breathtakingly beautiful, held a commanding presence, and had royalty written all over him.

"I am Atem. Yugi is my husband. I heard you were my husband's partner in the cave. Is this true?" The velvet voice asked.

"Yes. Yugi and I were trapped. Thank you for your help in getting us out," Keith answered. He hesitated before opening his mouth to ask a question. He quickly closed it; deciding against his question. This did not go unnoticed by Atem.

"What did you want to say?" He inquired.

"Are you royalty? You look like it." Keith asked.

Atem smiled, "I am the Egyptian Pharaoh." Keith gasped before dropping to one knee. "That is not necessary, Kieth. Please come talk with me. Tell me what happened in the cave." Keith nodded before going into a detailed explanation of the events in the cave to the crimson eyed pharaoh. Atem did not interrupt. He listened intently while Keith informed him of what happened.