Graduation

A/N: Thank you all again for reading, for your votes, and for your comments. I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Yugi stood in front of the mirror. He examined his outfit and tugged at it. The petite tri-colored haired young man fidgeted with excitement and nerves. He wore black slacks, a white button up shirt, a crimson tie, and black dress shoes. Yami appeared in the mirror behind him also dressed in slacks and a white button up shirt; his tie was amethyst.

"Don't worry, you look amazing." Yami whispered placing a kiss on Yugi's neck .

"I can't believe I'm graduating today," Yugi exclaimed spinning around to wrap his arms around his lover.

"With honors too," Yami added, "I'm so proud of you."

A light magenta dusted Yugi's cheeks, "Thank you for everything, Yami. You have been there for me every step of the way. You saved me."

Yami tightened his hold on Yugi, "I love you, Aibou. I will always be there for you." Yugi's pink petal soft lips met Yami's in a tender kiss.

"Okay, enough mushy stuff," Yugi teased. "Have you seen my cap and gown?"

"They are already out in the car as are your cords for Magna Cum Laude," Yami responded pride resounding in his voice. Yugi had worked so hard to graduate with honors and succeeded.

Yugi glanced once more in the mirror before spraying some cologne on himself, "Okay! Let's go." Yami smiled and followed his little spouse out the door.

\/\/\/

The day was perfect for the graduation ceremony, which was fortunate as the ceremony conducted outside. The sun shone brightly and a light breeze kept the temperature in check. Yami aided Yugi into his cap, gown, and honors cords before giving him a kiss on the cheek. The professor found his seat in the stands. After several minutes of searching he was flagged down by a familiar gray haired man.

He approached his father-in-law with a large smile, "Hello, Grandpa. Thank you for coming. Yugi will be so thrilled you were able to make it."

"I wouldn't miss Yugi's graduation for anything. He may be my grandson, but he is more like a son to me than anything else," Solomon stated patting Yami's shoulder, "Take good care of him, Yami."

The sun-kissed professor smiled warmly at the elderly gentleman, "I promise I will."

The ceremony commenced. There were a multitude of speakers such as the president of the university and the valedictorian. Each speech congratulating them on their success and commending them for their hard work. The valedictorian's speech also contained an inspirational message about overcoming obstacles and becoming stronger for doing so. Yugi's amethyst eyes gleamed with excitement as he watched the ceremony. After the speeches, the president of the university walked back to center stage and began calling out the names of those graduating class. He came to Yugi's name and announcing that he was graduating with honors. Loud cheers resounded from Yugi's family and friends located in the stands as well as his friends that were also graduating that day. Yugi smiled and waved until he reached the university president. The youth shook the man's hand and received his diploma. Yugi finished crossing the stage, diploma clutched closely to his heart.

Once all names where called, the president of the university had them move their tassels over and the graduates tossed their caps in the air, cheering excitedly. Their caps flew into the air, spun, and cascaded back down to earth.

Joey, Tristan, and Duke located Yugi in the masses of people. Joey nuggied Yugi's spikey hair, "Congratulations little buddy! We did it!"

"Hey hey! Watch the hair!" Yugi batted Joeys hands away before hugging him and his other two closest friends, "Congratulations, Joey! Tristan! Duke!"