Missing

A/N: Ello ello my lovelies! As they are now in Egypt and Yami is taking over as pharaoh, I'm going to start writing his name as Atem instead of Yami. 

Estrellalover Yay! I will sure try.

Josfisk Yay! Thank you so much for all of your support. You are awesome. 

Rubygees Thank you for the update. I believe it may have been a display error on Wattpad. I'm glad it has sorted itself out. 

I really hope you like the chapter! Please vote and comment. They are like digital chocolate chip cookies to me and who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies??? Omnomnomnom!

/Thoughts/

Atem was crowned pharaoh by the council of high priests before a congregation of the Egyptian people. It had been countless years since they had laid eyes on their prince, now pharaoh, and many were overjoyed at his return. If he were to rule anything like his father, they expected many long years of peace and prosperity. Atem had some mighty big shoes to fill. 

Atem's pulse quickened, standing before crowd and looking upon his people.  One of the high priests stood behind him and lowered the golden crown into place upon Atem's bronze brow. The new pharoah's  face remained calm and confident, showing no sign of his title wave of nerves raging within him. His crimson eyes sought his lover among the throngs of people crammed into the throne room. It did not take long to pick out the pale petite form of his spouse, standing slightly off to the side. The brilliant amethyst shone with all of the confidence, admiration, respect, pride and love in the world. The look of pure love on Yugi's cherubic face made his heart flutter and a smile tugged the corners of his lips up. 

As the ceremony ended, Atem outstretched his arm in Yugi's direction, asking for the love of his life to join him at his side. A brilliant blush matching Atem's eyes painted Yugi's cheeks. All the eyes of Egypt rested on Yugi, the petite and pale spouse of their beloved pharaoh. Yugi stepped forward towards his crimson eyed doppelganger, accepting the offered hand. Atem pulled him into a warm embrace and introduced Yugi to his people. The newly crowned pharaoh took his position on the throne and Yugi took a seat on the floor at Atem's feet. The two entwined their fingers together and the crowd bowed to their new pharaoh.

\/\/\/

Less than one month after Atem took the throne, his father passed away. The young pharaoh became very good at masking his mourning from all except three: Yugi, Mana, and his mother. The dazzling smile he flashed could fool almost everyone. Only his close family noticed that the smile never reached his eyes. Those two intense and pain filled crimson pools revealed the turmoil within his heart. 

The pharaoh stood on the balcony of their room, watching the sun disappear behind the horizon, making way for the stars and moon to come out and play. The sun's warmth lingered on his bare torso even after it had bid the world farewell for the night. He propped his elbow up on the stone railing and his chin rested in his hand. He felt a gentle, familiar, and comforting touch touch on his bicep. Glancing down at the hand, amethyst eyes appeared from behind him. Soft rose petal lips kissed their way up his arm to his shoulder and then to his dusky tan lips.

"He will never truly be gone," the warm evening breeze carried Yugi's whisper to his ears. 

"I know," Atem dropped his facade and a tear streamed down his cheek, "I just wish I would have come to see him earlier. I wish that you would have been able to spend more time with him. He was so full of life. You would have really enjoyed spending time with him and getting to know him."