Ignored Transmissions

A/N: Elllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Someone gave me sugar! Woooo SUUUUGAR! Okay.... Okay... I'm okay. Okay? Are we ready to begin? Yes? Okay! Let's begin! 

Thank you so so so so so so much for your support! You are all amazing. Keep crushing that vote button! My world just spins with all the warm fuzzies when I see a notification from a vote! Also, comments are very welcome! I love them. I promise I don't bite. Well. Not hard at least. Okay! I don't bite hard...often. Moving along. I have mentioned this on fanfiction.net but I don't know if I mentioned it here. I do take requests. So don't be shy and let me know if you have any *winks.*

SyraTsukiano: Oh I know. I'm awful to poor Yugi. I really should write something nice and romantic for him. 

Jofisk They have both saved each other now. Their experiences together have forged an unbreakable friendship between them. Yugi has come a long way from when he first started as a freshman in college. 

Enjoy the chapter!

/Thoughts/

A smile tugged at Atem's lips and his rich laugh echoed throughout the throne room. The villager who he was holding council with was a jubilant elderly man with quite the sense of humor. 

"Atem?" 

The Egyptian Pharaoh glanced over his shoulder towards the direction his mother's voice came from. His smile instantly disappeared when he saw the expression on her face. Her eyes were wide and frightened; her normal glowing caramel complexion pale. She held her cell phone out to her son, "Atem, you need to take this."

Confusion crossed his tan features as he stood, forgetting about conducting court. He closed the distance between him and his mother in only a few strides. He accepted the phone she offered.

"Hello?" the uncertain baritone drifted through the phone.

"Atem," A stiff professional voice came across the line.

"Hello, Seto," Atem responded, keeping his responses short.

"Did you know that Yugi's emergency transmitter was activated?" Seto inquired. A moment of silence filled only with the rapid sound of Seto's keystrokes on his laptop passed between the cousins. 

Anger and worry flared from deep within the Egyptian, "What?! When?" 

"Almost three days ago. I thought you had someone watching for that transmission when Yugi was on sight..." Seto partially stated and partially asked.

"We do," Atem growled, "Ra! Three days! I have to go, I'll check why I was never informed of the transmission and have help sent to the coordinates."

"No need. I've already sent a rescue crew," Seto responded.

Atem breathed a sigh of relief. Help was already on its way to the love of his life, "Thank you, Seto."

"You're welcome. You need to find out what happened. If it's a technical problem, I will send someone out to fix it. If it is personnel, that is your department. I will call you when I have updates," a click followed  by a black screen informed Atem that Seto had hung up. 

"I appreciate your help, Seto," the pharaoh whispered, staring at the black screen. His handsom features darkened, "Now to go find out what happened." 

Pure unbound rage burned behind Atem's eyes, handing the phone back to Aziza before his desire to throw it overcame him. He stormed out of the throne room towards the control room created for the emergency transmitter. His purple cloak whipped behind him, floating up with each step.  He had to get to the bottom of what just transpired. He rounded a corner and flung open a large wooden door with such force it almost came off the hinges. The two guards that sat in the room were in the middle of a conversation when they caught sight of the livid pharaoh. They cowered before his intimidating presence, backing up until their backs were against the wall.