Vacation

A/N: Thank you all for your support! You are amazing! Hugs and cookies for you all!

Jofisk and SyraTsukiano: They are defiantly overdue for a vacation! I overwork them lol.

Hit that like button if you enjoyed the chapter and comments are always appreciated and loved. See you in the next chapter!

/Thoughts/

"Hmmm," Atem's baritone voice purred next to Yugi's ear as the Egyptian wrapped his strong arms around the petite man's torso.

"What?" Yugi smiled at him.

"I think this is the most clothing I've worn in years," Atem smiled, looking down to see his breath in the crisp air of Iceland. They stood on the porch of their cabin watching the sunset. The sky was alight with vibrant pink and orange hues.

"I can fix that for you," Yugi giggled. He spun in Atem's arms and gabbed at taller man's jacket.

"No! No! I am perfectly happy bundled up thank you. It is freezing out here!" Atem backed away protecting his many layers from being stripped off his shivering body. Suspicious crimson darted up and down Yugi, watching him for any movement towards removing his clothing. When Yugi didn't budge, Atem returned to his place in front of the petite man. His arms encircled Yugi once again and the Egyptian kissed the cold pert little nose. Yugi nuzzled into the crook of Atem's neck, kissing his way up the column of bronze flesh to the chiseled jaw.

"Oh!" the pharaoh gasped out.

"You like that?" Yugi asked, smiling to himself.

"No, Yugi look," Atem pointed behind his petite spouse. Amethyst eyes looked hurt and rejected. Atem chuckled, "Of course I liked it, but turn around." Atem placed his hands on Yugi's shoulders and spun him 180 degrees to face the direction he was looking. Yugi's mouth dropped, watching blue, green, and yellow dance across the evening sky.

"The Aurora Borealis!" Yugi squeaked, "I've always wanted to see it!" The crimson eyed pharaoh rested his chin on Yugi's shoulder. "Have you ever seen anything so beautiful?" Yugi breathed in awe. 

"Mhm. Two things actually," Atem responded.

"Really? What?" Yugi inquired, not taking his eyes off of the Northern Lights.

"You, my dear Yugi. You and Layla are far more beautiful than the Aurora Borealis," Atem tightened his hold around Yugi. Heat rose to the petite man's cheeks.

"I love you," he whispered to Atem.

"And I love you," the pharaoh pecked Yugi on the cheek. 

A gust of arctic air whipped past the men. The cold air nipped at their exposed flesh. Yugi shivered uncontrollably against the Egyptian, instinct nuzzling the soft and warm collar of his jacket.

"Are you ready to go in?" Atem tilted his head, giving him a better view of Yugi's face.

Yugi shook his head, "No. I've always wanted to see the Northern Lights. I want to stay out here a little bit longer." Atem smiled as he stepped away from Yugi and into the cabin. "Where are you going? Don't you want to watch it too?"

"I'll be right back. Just keep watching," Atem hollered from within the cabin.

Several minutes later Atem returned to the porch carrying two mugs in one hand and a thermal heated blanket in the other. Yugi's grin spread widely from one ear to the other. He watched Atem sit down on the wooden bench and place the mugs on the wooden table next to him. The pharaoh swung his legs up and situated himself in a cross-legged position. Once comfortable, he wrapped the warm blanket around himself.