Crossing the Line

A/N: Thank you for reading and for your support. I hope you are enjoying the story so far. :) Please comment and vote! Both are wonderful!

/Yugi's thoughts/

The next morning, while Yugi was pulling his pants on to get ready for school, Dominick came barging in the room looking panicked.

"Dom! What's wrong?" Yugi asked;  his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. 

Dominik rushed over to Yugi grabbing his forearms and pulling him close, "Yugi, the cops are here! Did you call them for some reason?"

Yugi shook his head, "No. I didn't. How many are here? And why are they here?"

"Two. They are in the living room waiting. Get your shirt on and come out," Dominick rushed out of the room leaving a confused Yugi staring at the door that had just closed. He took a deep breath in before he put his shirt on and joined the three in the living room.

"Hello officers," Yugi said sweetly when he entered the room.

Both officers were tall men with short black hair. One had brown eyes and the other green. Each of them shook Yugi's hand individually.

"Hello young man," the green eyed cop spoke first. "I am Officer Daniels and this is Officer Sanderson." The brown eyed cop nodded his greeting to Yugi before Officer Daniels continued, "We would like to speak to each of you separately." Dominick and Yugi looked at each other and then at the two officers.

"Okay," Yugi responded friendly.

"Yea sure." Dominick frowned.

"Yugi, please follow me." Officer Sanderson motioned for Yugi to follow him outside and Daniels motioned for Dominick to sit at the table. Yugi glanced one last time at Dominick. If looks could kill, Yugi would have drawn his last breath that moment. A pain shot through his heart and he turned to follow the officer outside.

Once the door was shut behind them, the officer led him down the path away from the apartment and earshot. He turned to face Yugi; his eyes scanning Yugi's small body, taking mental notes of his appearance. The underweight sickly form, the dark circles under his eyes, and the frailty of the body. Yugi looked like he would snap in half if anyone so much as hugged him too tightly. 

"Yugi, do you know why we are here?" the officer asked not removing his gaze from the youth.

"No, sir, I am sorry. I do not know," Yugi shook his head.

"We have received a few calls this morning from various people informing us that you may be in danger and that Dominick is abusing you," Officer Sanderson noticed the subtle change in Yugi's behavior. His frail body was rigid and fear danced his his amethyst irises. 

Yugi glanced down momentarily, /I wonder who all called and reported such a thing./ He thought before glancing back to the officer, "I am sorry that you wasted your time, sir. Dominick is not abusing me. He is good to me. He loves me. And I love him. He would never hurt me."

"Listen Yugi, I don't know why you think I was born yesterday but I do not believe a damn thing you just said. Unfortunately, we are not able to step in at this pint without your confirmation of the abuse. I am not blind. I can see how unwell you look, but there is not enough evidence with that alone to prove he is abusing you. We need your help. Yugi, we can protect you and make this bastard pay for domestic violence," Officer Sanderson grit his teeth awaiting the youth's response.

Yugi narrowed his eyes at the officer, "I appreciate you trying to help, Sir, but I do not need your help. Dominick is very good to me," Yugi repeated.