Road to Recovery

A/N: Hello everyone. As always, thank you so much for your support! From this point onward, there will be several time jumps which are there to help the story progress. Don't freak out every time there is a time jump as most likely.. it is not the end. This story has a good 51 chapters. Well... possibly less considering I can't put the lemons on Wattpad. When a lemon chapter comes up, I will skip it here and tell you what chapter it is in on fanfiction.net. That way you can read it there if you like. Anyway, moving along. I hope you like the chapter and please feed the authoress with votes and comments! They are appreciated!

/Thoughts/

It took several months after Yugi made his risky escape from Dominick to get fully caught up on all of his work. He completed extra credit, and studied like mad to bring his grades back up where they started at the beginning of his first college semester. He finished the semester with four A's and one B. With Yami's help and support, Yugi slowly pulled himself out of the darkness his mind had plummeted into. His confidence and self-esteem began to rebuild itself.

When Yugi was released from the hospital and moved in with Yami, the Egyptian professor insisted on Yugi sleeping in his bed while he recovered.  Yami assured Yugi he would be quite comfortable on the couch. 

Yugi often awoke multiple times during the night screaming. Yami would be at his side within seconds to calm. He would rock Yugi back and forth in his arms whispering soothing words to him and sometimes even singing to him until the boy would fall asleep; his head resting on his shoulder. Needless to say, Yami did not get much sleep during those first several months. His primary concern was Yugi. As the weeks went on, Yugi awoke less and less at night until it was down to once per week if not less.

Yami had been asleep on the couch; where he had been sleeping while Yugi was with him Yugi slept in his own bed, when a blood curling high pitch scream filled the apartment. Yami sat straight up. He scrambled out of the tangled blankets falling off the couch initially. He got to his feet and ran to the bedroom where Yugi was screaming, tears flowing down his still closed eyes. The boy thrashed in the bed, fighting off his nightmare. Yami sat at the edge of the bed, ducking and dodging Yugi's limbs. 

"Shhhh Yugi, it is okay," he whispered not wanting to fully awaken him. He wanted to just waken him enough to bring him out of the nightmare. "You are safe little one, you are safe." Yugi's body stopped fighting and his face, previously contorted in terror, relaxed in a peaceful slumber. Yami caressed the boy's face and ran his fingers through his hair. 

"I love you Yugi, I will never let anything happen to you," he whispered in Yugi's ear. Yami leaned over and gently kissed the outer shell of the Yugi's ear. When he began to sit up, his control waned. After a brief pause, he leaned down and kissed Yugi on the lips. His eyes slid closed and he moaned deep within his throat.  

Crimson irises snapped open, /No I can't do this. He's not ready./ Overwhelming guilt weighed on Yami's minde, / I shouldn't have done that./ The professor stood and walked towards the door.

"Yami," The small voice startled him. Yami turned to face the petite youth. The moonlight danced on the pale skin giving him an enchanting angelic glow. His large amethyst eyes sparkled like gems. 

Yami bit his lip, "Yes, Yugi?"

"Don't leave," Yugi pleaded. Yami walked back and sat next to Yugi on the bed.

"No, that's not what I meant." Yugi whispered. Yami looked at the youth confused. Yugi lifted up the blankets next to him and scooted to the other side of the bed.

Yami nodded in understanding and slid under the blankets next to Yugi. /Oh Ra..../ Yami licked his drying lips as Yugi moved closer to him. He lay his head on Yami's shoulder and wrapped his arm around Yami's stomach.