Shivers and Aches

A/N: Hello all! Going to try and finish getting this story updated and moved over within the next 1 - 2 weeks. After that, I want to focus on finishing "From the Black." Then "Not so Lonely Anymore." Something you will learn about me if you haven't noticed already, I finish all of the stories I start. It may take a while, but I do finish them. Nothing irks me more than getting into an amazing fanfic only to find out that its not complete and it was abandoned by the author. I understand that sometimes there's writer's block. Ra do I understand that. I also get that sometimes an author needs a break from a story.. Hence why I have two stories I'm working on, but it is so sad to never finish something that so much time is put into. 

Okay okay... I'll get off my soap box now. Thank you all for your support. You mean the world to me!

Estrellalover Woot! So glad you loved the chapter! 

Jofisk Lol I know. I'm so sorry. They both would have enjoyed that second ride!

Okay onto the chapter! Enjoy! Please vote and comment before you leave. 

A small whimper lifted through the darkness awakening Yugi. He blinked, wondering if it was his imagination or if he had really heard something. Just as Yugi decided he was hearing things and started to drift off back to sleep, the soft whimper broke the silence again. Yugi looked to the edge of the bed where he saw a tiny figure standing, cloaked in shadows.

"Layla? What's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?" Yugi asked quietly.

"No," she whimpered.

Yugi sat up, "Then what's wrong, My Love?"

"Don't feel good," she fiddled with her silk nightgown and  stared up at him. The moonlight reflecting in her glassy and half lidded crimson tinted amethyst eyes.

"Aww, Layla. Come here baby," Yugi said soothingly and picked her up. He positioned her on his lap and placed his hand on her cheeks then on her forehead, "Oh my..." Yugi whispered.

"What's wrong, Yugi?" Atem grunted, still half asleep. He scooted closer to Yugi and leaned on his shoulder.

"Atem, she's burning up," He responded; his voice full of worry.

Atem reach over Yugi and placed his hand on the little cheeks and forehead, "What feels bad, Sweetie?"

"My tummy feels weird and all of me hurts," she whimpered again nuzzling into Yugi's chest.

"It sounds like the flu," Yugi commented, glancing at Atem in the moonlight.

"I agree. Do you want to take her back to bed and I will get the doctor?" the crimson eyed pharaoh asked. Yugi nodded and stood, holding Layla's little heat radiating form close to him. "I'll meet you in her room then." Atem stood and pulled a robe on,  heading out the door to go wake the doctor.

Yugi carried Layla back to her room. The princess's  room held copious amounts of toys, art, a fine wooden wardrobe, and a single size canopy bed. Her canopy bed was draped with a gold curtain that fluttered gently in the warm breeze from her open window. Yugi pulled pack the pastel pink comforter, depositing his daughter's shivering body into the bed. He sat on the edge of the bed, caressing her face. The little one whimpered her eyes revealing the pain within her tiny body. Several minutes later, Atem entered the room with the doctor following closely behind him.

"Well, Little Princess, your daddy tells me you aren't feeling well," The middle aged brunet asked. Yugi stood from the bed, making room for the doctor to sit. Layla nodded; her normally vibrant bouncy raven hair laying limply on her shoulders. "Let's take a look here. Open your mouth and say 'Aaaah'" Layla did as instructed. The doctor placed a thermometer under her tongue and left it there while he checked her pulse. The thermometer beeped. The doctor removed the device from the child's mouth and glanced at the reading, "Hmm. 101.2." The doctor checked her other vital signs and asked her questions. He reached into his bag and withdrew a brown bottle and a little plastic cup. He poured yellow liquid from the bottle into the cup before handing it to the mini princess.