Chapter 2

I watched the pest. She never said anything or looked at me. I heard her growl every now and then. It made me chuckle in amusement. Her pain was amusement. At least to me. I poked and prodded her. Life was perfect watching the bitch suffer. Trapped, alone, scared the list would go on and on. Her fiery person never diminished. It was too funny. I smirked to myself as the women struggled, but failed to escape her grave. Nightmares threatened to tear at her. I wouldn't let them. My precious creatures would be used for other things like making more Nightmares. The women struggles. Her body covered in blood. There was nothing she could do.

*               *                     *                         *                         *
Victoria

I don't remember anything. I remember Kal and my cousins. Kal told me what had happened to my father and my brothers. They know that Kyle may still be alive, but then again he could be dead. Kal told me we could never be together. I have been mated with by Jayson Goods who has managed to slip away and leave. I wished he hadn't kissed me. I felt a spark in the pit of my stomach that lit up when his lips were pressed firmly yet gently against my own. He was about to walk away when I stood out in the rain with the rose bushes surrounding us.

I asked him what she was like. That girl Tori. The way Jayson had spoke about her was full of love. I almost missed that. Almost.

Jayson bent down to kiss me again. I went all dragon on his sorry ass. I wasn't his. I was Kalabar Blake's girl. Nothing would change that. I growled to let him know I wasn't his to take at the moment. I still needed to know what has become of my five brothers, my father, and Historia. If I knew what was going on then I would be a lot more at ease. Like that was going to happen when I expected my brothers to jump me at every corner. They never did.

Kal refused to tell me anything which was discouraging, but maybe this Jayson Goods would sing like a bird if I told him it may help me remember who I was. I wasn't sure on who I was anymore anyways. I guess Historia was behind this. Totally the best mom ever.

"Jayson explain to me what has become of my family." I watched his face darken slowly. He was thinking about it. "Tell me now!" I demanded.

His face went red with anger. "You know what Queen Victoria Elizabeth Helsing, I will! Geez your people are full of worry and are doing their best to cope, but you can't stop being a bitch for one second and see what your people are suffering through at the moment can you?"

I felt my eyes go to slits. "Back the heck off there Mr. Feel-Bad-For-Me-Because-I- Lost-The-Girl-I loved. I am doing the best I can!" I roared in anger.

"You little bitch!" Jayson yelled, "fine you want to know? Sit your sorry little ass on the floor and I'll explain." I did and he smoothed his hair back. The anger had left his face and Jayson had calmed down. That was good because I would've whooped his ass.

"Here you go your Majesty" Jayson sneered, "Here's what has been going on." I waited patiently for him to go on. "Ten years ago mankind had made this disease in hope to kill all vamps. Sadly the virus went a little haywire and wasn't killing the vamps, but instead turning them into creatures we call Nightmares." I nodded along to encourage him to continue. Jayson did, "you were 1,790 at the time. You and your five brothers had defended the kingdom the best you could. Sadly your three brothers were slaughtered. Dracula was bit and turned. You had killed his Nightmare form. The only one that survived due to weakness was Kyle." I looked down. I had killed my own father. Daddy had died at my hand. I was the worst daughter in history. "You moved on and found civilization with humans to protect your people. You ended up watching over me when I was in a coma. I had dreams about you just so you know in my sleep. You being an angel that talked and read stories to me, and told me all your secrets and the pains you suffered. It was perfect." His eyes glazed over in memory. A tiny smile pulled at his lips. "Then we fell in love with each other and life was perfect. We mated and became really close. War came and we fought side by side, my world was complete. The kingdom fell and we left. Then you being a reckless welp taunted Nightmares and Kyle shot you down. You hit the ground head first. Your lucky your neck didn't snap. You woke up... And you didn't remember me." Jayson became quiet.

I gulped mortified on what I did. I looked at the edge and jumped off of it to the ocean below. The gray waves angry. I slid through them and ripped off the dress and crown. My heart was aching. There was this feeling of emptiness that only Jayson Goods could fill. I want Kal to fill it. My hand traced the two bite marks and I knew there his. I was marked.