Chapter 19

Jay

Her last kiss replayed in my head. The pain was going through my body like poison. Historia laughed and jeered at my pain. I didn't care anymore. The cellar was my friend. Kal was wheezing controlling himself. He was slowly fighting the Hunger. My mind was so frantic light couldn't keep up with it. Tori had looked so beautiful and healthy. I could only see the grayish healing bruises on her skin.

Grace walked in with two bowls of blood ruining my thoughts. Kal took the chance and downed his bowl. I took mine and looked at the red liquid. Grace made sure not to touch me. I saw the wrapping around her neck where I had chewed through her neck. I took the blood and she walked out without a remark.

I swirled the drink in the bowl. The smell was so good. I had no reason to drink though. My stomach was turning. My thoughts went to Tori and where she was. I kept wondering what they were doing to her. If they were making sure she would be comfortable before she died. She probably wasn't.

I hardly could force the liquid down my throat. It tasted like pepper, and felt like sandpaper going down my throat. I drank half of mine. I offered it to Kal who was regaining strength. He downed it in one giant gulp. I looked at his metal arm then looked down. How could I be so cruel to a guy who only wanted to feel love from the girl who was going to die.

Kal put his metal hand on my shoulder, "Tori, she's dying tonight isn't she?" I nodded sadly. He tightened his grip on my shoulder. I lowly hissed out in pain. He relaxed and sighed knowing there was nothing he could do. "You didn't fail you know? You did protect her. She's making her choice of death. Her death is a choice. She'll be smart enough to make her decisions."

I nodded and he patted my back. I heard a scream. A scream of a Nightmare that got free. It was coming right to us. I slammed the cell door shut as the creature's jaws gnashed together through the little holes. The black saliva going all over the place. My back was pressed against the back of the wall. Only this creature was familiar.

It was Calvin in his uncontrollable form.

I saw his hair all falling out. His soulless eyes looked straight at me. I wanted to reach out for him, but knew I couldn't. This wasn't Calvin. He was gone. Ever since I met him here I knew he was gone. This was my proof that he was a monster. A monster that I couldn't save. I grabbed a stone and threw it at him. It hit him square in the mouth. He fell back and slowly came back as Historia's huntman. He looked back to normal except the soulless look in his eyes.

Calvin walked in the cell and chained us up. "Jay you will stay like this till the ceremony and experience all your fears." I knew what that meant. It meant that he had the ability to show me all my nightmares and make me believe they are true.

Kalabar screamed next to me. Calvin was already inside his head. Kalabar tried to get away, but nothing happened. His screams in terror and widen silver eyes showed me he was going through excruciating pain. His silver eyes went light and a cold blast came from his body making snowflakes stick in the air not moving. It was a deadly cold. I don't feel it really anymore, but this one did. My breath was in the air and it was scary to breathe. Kal relaxed and slowly dropped his head. Calvin looked at me intensely and showed me all my fears.

"Tori!" I screamed. There was no response from the queen. My queen. Her dead eyes stared up at me. The Phoenix laughed mockingly as she died.
She had been released. Tori tried to stop her. The last thing she could do was kill herself. Seki laid plunged deep into her chest. I looked at my Angel's black wings and stroked them. I kissed her multiple times hoping my love for her would bring her back. The only thing that was open was her eyes. The dark ocean gems staring blankly at the sky. Her body all crippled. I could've saved her and I knew it. I screamed and cussed.

Queen Victoria Elizabeth Goods/ Helsing was gone. She died bravely. She saved me, but I got my worst fear. Losing her. Sophia laid dead next to everyone. I was the only one left. I was alone. The only one alive was Grace. Her vampire smile and the flick of her tongue against her lips sent chills. I was alone.

I came back too from my nightmare. Calvin was huffing as he could see into my mind. "That Jayson Goods, was the most terrible, horrible, and most heartbreaking thing I could ever imagine your fears to be. Jayson you need to get a grip." I looked down. He was right but I loved Tori. She was going to die for me. She was going to die and I had to stop her.

"Calvin, Tori can I see her?" I had a tiny sense of hope in my voice.

"No. You will see her as the Phoenix is resurrected." He smirked and laughed evilly. I struggled in the chains. "Listen Jay, we could've been friends. You left me though that day. I won't forget how you tried to kill me after I kissed Grace. Your nightmares will be real." I screamed and yelled swearing. Calvin got an annoyed look. "Lights out Jayson." He punched me and all was black.