Chapter 20

Jay

I awoke chained for what seemed like weeks, but it was really only was hours. My mouth waters and Hunger tears through my stomach. Calvin was dragging Tori's body to her place. Tori had the worse of it. Her screams and cries echoed off in my head. She was half starved. They did more torture, and she forced me to drink her blood to keep me alive. I knew they needed her and as did she so she made me. I have to be strong now.

Calvin dragged me out as well. My best friend whom I cared deeply about had turned now into the worst enemy. He had beaten, rape, slashed, and almost killed my angel. "Say goodbye to your queen Jay." I snarled and went to snap his throat.
In the dark I couldn't see my Tori. Now the light seemed to burn my eyes. Calvin punched me down. I spit out blood and swore under my breath.

They brought me into the courtyard. Nightmares stood guard. They snarled, growled, and snapped their powerful jaws. My fangs came out and I could taste my metallic blood as I snarled back at them. I could see my Tori, but it was hard to believe what I was seeing. It broke my heart.

Tori was thrown down on the ground surrounded by black runes and ancient marks. Her skin was dotted in a few new open wounds that were slowly closing. This was thanks to the serum to prevent her healing. The beautiful skin also had ugly bruises and it was weird that she never tried to fight. Her eyes were the most heartbreaking feature. The flame they always held was gone. Her eyes showed her strong spirit shattered and broken. The look in the ocean blue eyes were glassy proving she was done. I had lost my Tori.

Historia stepped out and smiled at Tori. Tori puked out blood. She was always puking, especially in the morning. Historia called Grace forward. She was eager to come up. "Thank you my child for being a loyal servant to me and also more importantly to Phoenix. As a reward you he shall be given immortality. Kyle my prince, will you do the honor for our humble servant?"

Kyle nodded. Grace slid her hair over to the side and tilted her head. Kyle carefully inserted his fangs. There was a look of pure enjoyment and pleasure. Soon she collapsed and was down for minutes as the venom overtook her system like it did me.

Kyle turned smirking at younger sister. She was bent over on her knees barely able to stand let alone sit up straight. I squirmed and Calvin tightened his grip painfully on my arm. That wasn't going to stop my voice. "Tori fight them! Please my Angel fight them!", I yelled. She barely look up at me. I could see her broken heart. Tori shook her head no. Grace mimicked what I had said and laughed maniacally as Tori looked down.

Historia laughed, "See little knightling, your queen has been broken. She will be killed in order for the Phoenix to rise. Kyle, Calvin, Grace join me at the corner of the ritual. Kale and Austin hold the pesky knight and his friend down." The two guards held me and Kal down.

I was surprised Kal has made it. It makes sense bough. He knows things and can be an asset to Historia. If she killed him she would make sure Tori saw him die to add to her suffering. Hell Tori would kill him. More blood on her hands would kill her even more.
Historia stood in front of the triangular shape chanting. Tori's eyes flashed in fear. She mouthed something to me. I love you. I watched her hold up her hand with the wedding band and smiled, "For better or for worse", Tori said. I screamed her name.

Historia started the ceremony. "Tis time for Flames and Pain to rise. I command the to rise. Flames and pain it is your time. I free you! I free you! Rise Phoenix, Queen of flames and pain. Rise! Rise! Rise!" Historia continued to repeat the haunting chant. I could tell from the look in Tori's eyes she wasn't going to let the Phoenix go. She wasn't going to let them release the demon.

Tori's screams pierced the sky. I wanted to break the guards arms and run to my angel. Flames, hot flames engulfed my mate. Her screams in terror and pain was my torture. It was the worst sound I've ever heard in my life. Tori wasn't letting the Phoenix go. It was killing her. I screamed for her, but the roaring flames overpowered my voice. The torture of my love continued.

I knew I had to stop her. I mustered up every scream from all the energy I could. I closed my eyes releasing the loudest plea I could.

"Victoria Elizabeth Goods, let the Phoenix go! Let it go!" With that the flames exploded. There was a roar from the flames. Tori's screams went silent. A new roar came out. The flames diminished. An evil laughter exploded making chills run down my spine. The flames faded and the black silhouette of a woman could be seen.

The Phoenix stood in all her glory. Historia bowed and stepped towards the demon. "My demoness, please grant me the power you promised you had given me. As you can see I made your army and brought you your prison."

The Phoenix made a poisonous smile. She looked astonishing like Tori. They could be mistaken as twin sisters. The only difference was the eyes. Phoenix's eyes were almost black with a darker blue. The coldness and evil flame they held made the difference.
A cry came from Tori as Kyle sized her. To Phoenix's dismay Historia demanded the power she wanted or she would kill Tori.

"Enough to Historia.", Phoenix's voiced boomed, "you may have created my world and I thank you. Yet you still have my heir on the wrong side. I did tell you to make sure when I rose she would be with me. Yet you still couldn't do it. I'm sorry, but our little deal is off."

Historia yelled and pulled out her whip. It cracked and slashed Phoenix across the cheek making it bleed slightly. "Oh my dear Historia. You really shouldn't have done that. Now you will burn in the hellish flames I can create." Phoenix sent a fireball right at Historia. The skin and muscles melted away. Her cries and screams for help were soon silenced as she was consumed by the bright flames. The Queen of Nightmares turned to ash. Only her bracelet and parts of ash were left.

A scream came from Tori as Kyle snapped her arm at the elbow. I yelled, but was silenced by the scream Phoenix has made. "Fool.", she hissed, "can't you see? If she dies I will too. If I die so does she." My eyes widened as I looked desperately at Tori hoping it was all a lie. Tori looked down. It was true. She was trapped.

I wormed my way over to her away from the distracted guards. Tori was picked up by the throat. I made a tiny squeak as I watched my mate dangle helplessly in the grasp of the Phoenix.

"Well well well little queen. Guess you have no fight. I would kill you as you know, but I can not. Then again I can kill all your friends. Sadly I need time to grow stronger. I have a question for you queeny. How does it feel? How does it feel Queen of Darkness to know you could have stopped all of this if you hadn't listened to your little knight?" Tori has mummered something, but I didn't hear what she said. Tori screamed in pain as the Phoenix made charred marks on her arm. "Well it must suck pretty bad. Instead of two dying. You and me it will be three. Three of us will die together or one as you and I live. It doesn't matter though now does it? Victoria you have to do murder." The Phoenix laughed, "murder three of us."

My mind raced. Three? Three of them? Tori struggled to get free, but nothing happened. Then the pieces fit together. All the morning puking, the mood swings, the secrets, and hand always protecting her stomach. The world swayed. My wife. My mate. My angel was pregnant.

I had ultimately put Tori in the worst position possible. Tori was carrying my child, and it was going to kill her.

Tori was dropped to the ground as the Phoenix snarled out a laugh. She shouted in pain. The Phoenix turned into the giant fire bird we all know, but it was more terrifying. The Phoenix screeched calling all the minions. Calvin, Kyle, and Grace got up and followed their new queen. Nightmares let out howls as the bounded towards the Phoenix under her control. Tori was laying in the ashes burgs and bleeding. She was trying to heal, but there wasn't any blood she could use. The ashes were settling and Tori laid lifeless. I felt Kal's hand on my shoulder. I turned to look up at him. His silver eyes gleaming with a dark look.

"The Queen of Darkness has fallen. A world of flames has been ignited in the flame demon's wake. A world of destruction has begun." His words echoed off the dead land.