Welcome

"Welcome to Geometry students, take a seat anywhere."

Whoever this bland teacher was, I was already not too fond of. Students scattered in the room everywhere, I took a seat in the front row knowing I don't have the best eyesight.

"When you hear your name say here and I will mark you for being here." he said, knowing not everyone was listening.

"John Abraham?"

Here's and repeated names were called until they got to the late B's.

"Lorenzo Brown?" "Here!" yelled out a white kid with the messiest red hair I've ever seen.

"Raise your hand when you hear your name students." the old man said. "Kameron Brown, Shaniqua Brown," the class laughed at the stereotypical name, 'Shaniqua'.

I continued to listen until I heard my name. "And Naay-uhh Brown?" he pronounced incorrectly.

"It's Nyy-uhh." I corrected while I raised my hand.

"Shuhh-NyNy!" someone yelled in the back. Everyone laughed, great, I'm embarrassed on my first day already.

It took almost ten minutes to finally get to the last names with the letter 'M'.

"Sebastian Martinez?" the teacher asked looking around the class. A tall boy walked in smiling as the class called names like, "Bash!" or "Sebs!" He must be a jock.

Muscle, height, style, face?! All were perfect. He was cute but I had to remember what I was here for.

"No note I see, find a seat, you have an excused tardy for today young man." the teacher said marking the paper. What a surprise! A open seat next to me, now I get to fail next to someone who wouldn't give two shits! He was hitting hands with some of the other jocks around and tugged my sleeve.

"Ayee mami, bet you can put it down huh?" he asked while looking me up and down. Some of the guys laughed and high-fived. I put my head down and ignored these idiots.

I pray not to be failing because of him, please God, let me have strength the rest of this day. He left me alone after that and the teacher continued taking roll. By the time that was over, there was 10 minutes before class ended. Finally, next period here I come.

--------------------------

Just a short chapter to give you a little taste.

xoxo