Knock Me Down

After geometry was finally over, I walked across campus to go to P.E., I hated gym no matter what since I knew I wasn't the most athletic. When I entered, it smelled like sweat and perfume from the previous class. This class was mixed with multiple grades.

"Listen up, I'm Coach Marx I don't take shit from you children so let's get this class started and done! Seniors get showers every class before juniors and so on. It's just the system I don't make rules."

The bell rang to start class. I looked around and of course saw no other black girls except myself. 

"Okay, welcome to physical education students, I will be handing out your syllabus tomorrow and today we are gonna get to know one another." his voice booming as he read off a paper.

"Umm excuse me coach but I have an asthma problem so I can't participate in major exercises." some skinny girl with braces spoke. He nodded his head acknowledging her and I looked around at all the students.

Someone was sitting down on the bench tying their shoes. I squinted. Him.

That ass-hole jerk that wants to make remarks about me. I need to make sure he knows it won't work like that. He got up and jogged over to his friends, hand-shaking the other guys.

He stared at me, "Ayoo what's up girl!!" he asked laughing. I had self-;pve but was not the best looking in this group, trust me. I sneered and looked away. I'm probably crazy for not being one of the chicks who actually talks to him but oh well, fuck it.

"Everyone grab a partner and I'll give directions out once complete." coach said. What a coincidence. 5 girls and probably about 13 boys; one girl and boy partnership. Oh and look! All the girls partnered up; I'm not shy but, I wont be the one going up to anyone.

"Umm excuse me but I have no partner so technically, you're mine." I turned knowing who it was. Stevie or something like that; Francisco? Some common name this kid had. I turned my head and gave a sarcastic look.

"GEE REALLY? I'd rather not!" I said frowning after that. He frowned and rolled his eyes.

"Looks like everyone is paired!" coach said. I thought in my head, fuck no im not! "Place your hand to your partners hand and tell your name and what you like about your partner." 

You have to be screwing me; really coach? Perfect for this class.

I stuck my hand out firmly and he put his hand on mine. Did I feel energy connected? BITCH REMEMBER. No boys, no problem. 

"Hi. Name's Sebastian. Your eyes." he answered not caring or paying attention. My eyes were the darkest brown; I hated it, almost looking black in my opinion.

"Hello Sebastian. I'm Naya. I like your attitude." I said sarcastically back at him. He just looked away as if he didn't even hear me. This JERK.

The bell rang to finally let us out of class. We dropped hands and I walked away onward to lunch.

_______________________________________

Sebastian POV:

Does she know who I am? Captain of the varsity football team? 

I'll show her alright; I have it all planned out. I see she's eating by herself, phone out, completely unfocused.

"Dude are you alright!?" my best friend Jordan said. "Spacing out like a fucking psycho!"

"Ayee man pass me that football." I said pointing to a football on the ground. He gave it to me. I'm probably going to regret this but oh well.

I threw the ball aiming directly by some food next to her. I knocked it over and splashed sauce over her a bit. She stared at herself and looked around before eyeing straight at me. I smirked and Jordan was laughing along with all my other teammates.

I mean honestly I feel like shit. But in my head it was funny. But in my heart, I feel like a douche. She got her stuff and walked away from the area the opposite way of me. I chased after her. I didn't mean for it to be like that.

"Wait hold on." I yelled to her was she was walking very fast down an empty hallway. She had anger in her eyes and her lips were balled. I never made a girl mad before. Probably because they usually tried to get in my pants and I refused but that still made them mad. I hope she read my feelings right now.

"Okay Mr. Popular! I'm embarrassed, so are you happy now?" she yelled at me turning her back away.

"I'm sorry it was just a jo-"

"SOME PEOPLE CAN'T TAKE JOKES SEBASTIAN!" she interrupted

My throat got dry for a minute and I froze. I ran up to her grabbing a tip of her hand before she yanked it, walking away.

"Im sorry can I make it up, I mean help I'm sorry uh..neya NO, NAYA !" I picked her named back up fast.

"You can help by leaving me alone." she said softly going into the bathroom right by us. There's something about this chick that kept me going after her. I mean, she's cute and beautiful. 

I like my girls who can pull off an innocent act in public but you know, in private be a little different.

Why are you such an ass Sebastian. You're not like this! I walked back to my friends as if nothing happened.