Crime

Sebastian:

"-But yeah she gave me forty dollars back as change when I gave her fifty. I was like, 'Are you stupid' because I only needed ten dollars!" I said laughing with Naya and Eric.

He's grown on me.

"Well did you keep the forty dollars?" Eric asked.

"What do you think?!" I replied laughing. We were watching movies at Eric's. His house looked like the one I stayed in before I moved to Washington.

"Potty break ya'll! Be right back." he said skipping to  bathroom.

"So, umm any girls come in your life?" Naya asked looking at me seriously.

I felt like telling her that was none of her concern but I don't want to be rude about it.

"Naya look, I'm still really hurt by what you told me. I don't think a relationship is good for us right now. Maybe you should slow down." I said not looking her in the eye.

"I wasn't asking for that, I just wanted to know if you were fucking around. You were the one who wanted to start over."

"I'm back; did someone die or something?" Eric jokingly said trying to break the silence. I threw popcorn at him and laughed off the awkwardness.

Naya:

I probably sounded really nosy and desperate just now but I couldn't just act like we were friends. Maybe he does have another girl.

Eric screamed.

"Dammit Eric!" I said covering my ears. Noises like that has caused my brain to feel like it was being pierced. I'm also confused about that dream. What was she trying to tell me?

"Sorry Ny." Eric said eating popcorn and ignoring my pain.

After about a hour, I decided to go home. I got a text from Sanchez saying I was a bitch and that I never liked him these past school years as friends then as a couple. And how I used him to get over Bash.

That had me confused; just because I didn't say I love you every second means I'm a bitch? He's the real bitch here. Maybe it is best I be alone. I guess that since Sebastian left, I went boy crazy.

"Hey honey can we talk for a quick second?" my dad asked once I walked in. He was putting on a nice jacket with the suit he was wearing.

"Sup pops." I said calmly.

"Umm I got you a therapist, and since it's still early, I advise you go visit this address," he started handing me a card. Therapy?

"-and I also have a date so I'll see you later tonight. Love you." he said running out the door before I got to speak.

We talked about him dating once mom was gone. I know he wants to be happy too but I just don't want another woman in this family replacing my mother.

It's only a bit after 2 so I guess I will see this stupid therapist.

____________________________

"Welcome to today's session Naya we will channel into your deep emotional and mental thoughts. This is a way for me to get to know you." the woman, Mrs. Dagger, said. She looked pretty old to be a therapist still but hey, make your money

"Tell me about your mom."

"No thank you."

"We need to start somewhere, and this is the biggest topic stopping you from growing." she said snappingly. I sighed.

"She was a humble woman. Stood for what she believed and always cheered people up." I said.

"I also heard you had a stress related fainting. What did you emotionally see?"

"She had told me to refresh my mind. What does that even mean. Lik-" I said hyperventilating now.

"It means that you need to have a break. Break from all these unnecessary forces. Relationships, forget about that. Clear your mind and paths with others." she said.

We talked forever. She listened like she was genuinely interested. The timer rang to end our session.

I shook her hand and thanked her for everything.

I still don't get that message with my mom. Also. Who is this woman my dad is supposedly going on a date with?

_________________________

I found a journal that was empty and decided to write my thoughts and recent dreams.

4 hours later*

It was 10:30 PM and my dad was not home. I texted to see when he was coming but he kept replying with a 'soon'.

1 hour later*

I must've dozed off because I woke up hearing the door creak open. Giggling?

"You sure she's asleep?"

"Look we're not doing anything bad, why be nervous."

"Because your daughter IS awake and wants answers." I said turning the light on to see a Latina woman.

_________________________