Keep Calm

Jordan:

I didn't even say what happened ! Carlos did! He told me if I told Sebastian that he spread his business, my football career would be over. Don't get me wrong, i'm my own man but Carlos knows people. 

I just can't believe Sebastian would think low of me like that. We've been boys since 6th grade. I have to tell him, no matter what Carlos says. I went to the pizza shack where we meet every Friday. The guys were all at the table where we usually sit at. I walked over to the silent table receiving the cold shoulder. You could literally cut the tension with a knife.

I can see their heads turn to me and some looking over at Sebastian. Sebastian came and walked over to me. I was only like 5 steps away so the whole team could probably hear us.

"What do you need Jordan?" he asked looking at me up and down.

"I have something to say. To all of you guys here." I started. "It was Carlos. He made me say I spread it. I swear I would never hurt the team like that. Can you guys forgive me for not speaking up?" I asked sincere.

"I forgive you Jordan. I just wish you confronted us first." Naya said. She was like a sister that I barely chilled with but I always considered her my friend.

"If she's cool bro, I'm cool. I'm sorry." Sebastian said giving me a our a best-friend hug. This was literally my brother.

"NOW KISS AND MAKE UP BOYS!" Richard said.

I laughed and had a seat.

________________________

Naya:

I knew it was Carlos all along. I can't hate him, he's my boyfriend's brother but that doesn't mean shit. Boys are just..disgusting! I drove home leaving Sebastian and the team.

I opened the front door seeing my dad there already on the couch. He usually sits on the couch when he wants to seriously talk about something.

"What's going on dad?" I asked sitting my backpack down. He looked at me a little pissed.

"Naya Xeleen Brown. Who is Sebastian Martinez?"

"The boy next door dad. He's a junior like me dad." I said getting nervous.

"Oh you mean your boyfriend? Where's the permission from me to him? You are in it deep now Naya Brown I swear-" he said shaking his head.

"OKAY OKAY! Will you just meet him then? Tonight we'll invite him over dad please! Please, he makes me happy an-and we don't do that lovie dovie stuff. He's a um, Christian too and he sticks to the bible." I lied.

Shit Sebastian's gonna freaking hate me! No he won't he loves me to much. 

My dad nodded and went back to watching t.v. Second dinner. I got this. Chicken tonight with mashed potatoes. Simple and quick. I went upstairs to freshen up before going back outside to my car until I saw Sebastian. He had his head down with headphones on. I honked and he jumped a bit.

"Get in hurry up!" I said waving for him to run to me. He got in and buckled up and kissed my cheek. I drove us to the Kroger down the street.

"Babe why are we here." he asked kindly.

"Do you love me Sebastian?" I asked keeping my head down.

"Of course I do. I always will. Why, what's up?" he said putting a hand on my shoulder. We got out the car before I told him and walked into the store.

"So my dad wants to meet you and we need to go over some rules and practice some things. Oh and dinner tonight so look umm better than now." I said quickly picking up some groceries.

He stared at me a moment.

"En qué estabas pensando?!" he said. {What were you thinking}

"Remember I speak english!" I said yelling quietly.

"Okay. What do I have to know for tonight?" he said. I hugged him tight.

"You're a good Christian boy, also memorize a verse, say yes sir and no sir, no holding hands or kissing, firm handshake, his favorite football team is the Dallas Cowboys, you stick to the rules, he might act like a regular person. Make sure you tell him you have all A's, you want to be a pro football player, you have scholarships waiting for you, and a side career job just in case." I said making it clear.

"Or I just tell him the trut-"

"Bash.." I gritted

"-I am a good Christian boy, my favorite is Genesis chapter 1 verse 1, I'm respectful, I'm a great liar, smart, and have future plans." he said. Perfect. We left the store a few minutes later and headed back home.

______________________

Sebastian:

Okay so I've been going over what Naya told me the past hour. Mom's home tonight and I told her I was going to a friend's for dinner. Like a friend. Who's a girl. Who's my other half. Who I love. 

I put on a nice sweater and some jeans and looked as smart and respectful as possible. I also put on my nerd glasses, well not nerd, like regular frame glasses, that I need to see sometimes. Alright now! Ready for tonight. I went over and knocked on the door. A few minutes early. Her dad answered. He was tall but not that much taller than me.

"Welcome Sebastian." he greeted with a warming hand.

"Hello sir, thank you for allowing me over this evening." I responded with a firm handshake back and walked in. I brought flowers for Naya. She acted like she was surprised. I was asked to take a seat at the dinner table but pulled Naya's chair out first to be a gentleman.

"Sebastian would you mind to say grace today?" Mr. B asked.

"Yes sir, thank you." I said holding everyone's hands.

"Dear God, thank you for this wonderful evening, waking us up each day, and blessing us with faith. Please forgive us for our sins and please watch over this food we are about to recieve. In Jesus name, amen." I said.

We said our amen's and started passing plates around.

"So Sebastian, Naya tells me you stick to the bible. Any favorite verses?" he asked.

"Yes sir, my favorite has always been Genesis chapter 1 verse 1. 'In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth. That verse shows to me the powers and work of God and how he brought this world to me." I said calmly.

On the inside, I was burning up. He nodded and drank some of his Corona. We just talked as a table more about sports, academics, and pretty much Naya. We didn't tell him we've been dating for over 6 months, that's uhh, 'Personal.'

_______________

Naya:

I walked Sebastian out after dinner.

"Oh I was so nervous but we played the game well. Let's eat at yours next time!" I said hugging him. "But go home before he comes back outside." 

I grabbed Sebastian by his collar and brought him in for a kiss.

"What was that for?" he asked laughing.

"For being the best boyfriend ever!" I said pecking his lips once again.

"Well can we do that again some time?"

I laughed as we went to our separate homes. My dad was at the table with his arms folded.

"Sooo, I'm just gonna, go on to bed. You know them umm, Saturdays are worth waking up early." I cut that off with a big fake yawn.

"Night daddy!" I said trying to rush past the table.

"I like him Naya." he said.

My mouth dropped.

"You heard me. Happy 6 months by the way." he said getting up from the table and going upstairs.

I was still in awe. How did he know that. I love my dad. I went upstairs to go shower and call it a night.