3//A gossip girl introduction

Chapter 3

Last night after I left the lobby I went straight to bed. While I was trying to fall asleep I heard mom come back, about ten minutes after I left she arrived back to the suite. I heard her open the door to the bedroom, I pretended to be asleep so I wouldn't have to talk to her. She then quietly closed the door and I fell asleep.

Now I sit on the edge of my bed staring at the school uniform in front of me. Still, in my pajamas I exit the room and head to the bathroom.

"Lena why aren't you changed? School starts in 15 minutes?" I hear mom ask as I close the door to the bathroom. I washed up then left, I went back into the room and closed the door behind me.

I changed into the uniform then zipped up my boots. I put on my coat and grab my school bag before I leave I catch a glimpse of myself from the vanity mirror. I look like a zombie. I quickly lift up my suitcase onto the bed and open it. I take out my makeup bag and dump all the makeup onto the vanity. I grab the eyelash curler and curl my lashes, I apply a layer of mascara and a little bit of lipgloss.

After I toss the lipgloss into my bag then head out. Now I must communicate with mom.

"Good morning." She says as she pours coffee into her coffee cup.

"Morning" I say and grab an apple from the fruit bowl.

"That is not breakfast." Mom says as I head to the door.

"I don't eat breakfast" I say as I open the door.

"Lena!" She raises her voice.

I stop before I exit the suit. "Like you said mom, I have less than 15 minutes to get to school. I promise we'll talk after school." I say. She looks at me and sighs. "May I go?" I ask and she nods.

"Thank you" I say then exit the suite.

Now I must figure out a way to get to school, I don't even know where it's at.

I headed down the lobby and smiled at the receptionist who returned the smile. The doorman opened the doors and I thanked him, I walked out and see Serena talking to a guy with blondish brown hair and light blue eyes. Serena's boyfriend?

I was going to say hi but they looked like they were in a serious conversation, maybe I can just walk by.

"Lena" Serena calls out and I turn around.

"Hey, Serena" I smile and walk up to her and her friend. I give a small smile to the guy and returns the smile.

"Wow, you're killing it in that outfit" Serena says.

"We're wearing the exact same thing" I state and hear the guy chuckle.

"Good point. Oh, Lena, this is Nate. Nate this is my friend Lena" Serena says before she introduces the two of us to each other.

"Nice to meet you" Nate says with a kind smile and extends his hand out.

"You too" I smile back and shake his hand.

"I have to go change for school. Lena um. Nate can you.." Serena begins to say but Nate doesn't have to hear her finish her sentence before he speaks.

"Yeah, sure" Nate says.

"Thanks. Lena, Nate can show you to school. It's her first day" Serena smiles before walking into the hotel.

"Of to St. Judes" I say as we begin to walk away from the hotel.

Nate quirks an eyebrow and looks at me perplexed. "I think you mean Constance, St. Judes is for boys where I go." He says.

"Right. That's what I meant" I say feeling a bit stupid. Nate laughs a little and as do I.