9//Just Acting

Chapter 9

Serena and I sit at a table outside of the coffee shop. We have two lattes in our hands to warm us up form the cool autumn air. She's been telling me how tonight is her first official date with Dan. It's cute to see her blush and nervous as she speaks about him.

"Don't worry, Serena. Dan and I had a conversation last night and he feels the same way. He's also beyond excited but don't tell him I told you that. You two are going to have a blast, don't stress too much!" I tell her.

"You're right. You're always the right person to talk to when I need someone to vent to." She says with a small smile.

"Thanks. My uncle is a therapist, I guess I could sort of thank him" I chuckle then take a sip of my latte.

"Thank him for me. Well, I'm going to go get ready. I'll call you later to explain every single detail." She smiles as she gets up from her chair.

"Maybe not every single detail, if you know what I mean" I say and we share a laugh.

"You got it. Bye Lena" She says and we hug before she leaves.

I soon leave the cafe with my latte in my hand. I walk down the sidewalk just for a stroll around Manhattan. Autumn in New York is definitely way better than autumn in California especially since it's a tropical state.

Everything was great and peaceful until my eyes landed on the infamous blue eyes of Logan.

"Just my luck." I mutter to myself.

"Hey" He says casually.

I look away for a moment than back at him." Oh I'm sorry I wasn't aware you were speaking to me " I sass.

"Lena. I'm sorry about what I said, I didn't mean it" He apologizes. His eyes stare into mine as he speaks.

"It sure sounded like you meant it." I say.

"I did at the time because all these thoughts just piled up and it's complicated." He explains and sighs.

"I agree. You are complicated, I'm glad we both agree on one thing" I say still in a snarky tone.

"You just will not let this go will you?" He asks slightly irritated.

"When someone says we shouldn't be friends for some apparent reason when I have not done anything to wrong them, I take it pretty personal." I answer in honesty.

"I'm sorry. I do mean it." He says as he gives me sincere look.

"I'm having hard time believing that considering your past mood swings" I say and he looks at me irritated.

"You are very annoying" He sighs

"And you don't think you aren't" I remark earning another glare from him but he smirks a little.

"What?" I ask and he shakes his head in response. "I'm going to go now" I say as I toss my empty coffee cup into the nearby trash.

"Before you go just know that I really am sorry, you most likely won't accept my apology because you're stubborn as hell but at least you know. Should also know apologies come a long away when they're from me" Logan says.

At this time I can say I believe him, he wouldn't keep trying if he really wasn't sorry. "Fine" I say

"Fine what?" He asks for clarification.

"You're forgiven, for now" I answer and see a small smile for on his face. "Don't stay out too long in this cold, your nose looks like it's going to fall off soon" I say to him as I walk past him.