26//Kiss and Make Up

Chapter 25

After I woke up I immediately went into the bathroom and took a long warm shower. I still don't feel any better but at least I feel clean and have the energy this morning. I went back into my room and changed into leggings and a T-shirt. My phone buzzes from the top of my vanity, I pick up my phone and my eyes widen. I have multiple text messages from Nate, a couple from Serena, a text from Dan and Blair. Along with several missed calls from Nate, Serena, one from Dan and Chuck. Then the very last notification is a Gossip Girl post about the tip I sent in last night.

I shut off my phone and toss it on my bed, I slip my feet in my slippers and walk out of my room. I walk into the kitchen where mom is sipping orange juice while on her laptop. I grab a bowl of fruit from the fridge and begin to eat one by one, I'm not very hungry. I haven't been eaten much since the past few days.

"Lena. You know I love you, right?" Mom asks as she looks up from her laptop and to me.

"Yes. I love you too" I say as I take a seat on the island stool.

"Then why didn't you tell me you and Logan had broken up?" She asks

I put a blueberry that I was going to eat back in the bowl, I look at me who stares at me with sadness in her eyes.

"Because it didn't matter" I answer and shrug my shoulders nonchalantly.

"Of course, it does." She says

"But it doesn't! Logan's just some obnoxious person who doesn't care about anyone but himself" I explain "He knows what happened back in San Diego because Nate accidentally spilled the beans because he thought I had already told Logan so now he hates me for not telling him and he won't hear me out but that's not just it." I ranted but I stopped myself.

Instead of mom scolding me for telling people about San Diego she wraps her arms around me and comforts me. Soon we got ready for the Bass/ van der Woodsen wedding, mom was ecstatic as I was not looking forward to the wedding at all.

I put on a floral dress as mom styled my hair in a classy teased bun and did my makeup. I slipped my feet into sandal heels, I strap on the band around my ankle and get up from my bed. I look at myself from the vanity mirror, I take in a deep breath and leave the room.

Mom and I take a limo to the wedding reception. Mom and I find two available seats but before I could sit down someone grabs me by my upper arm and pulls me away. I turn my head and see Nate as he drags me off somewhere.

"Nate. What are you doing?" I ask. He lets go of my arm once we're outside in the front where it's empty. "Well?" I ask impatiently as I face him.

"What do you mean well? I saw that last Gossip Girl post, everyone saw it. I've called, I've left messages and even a voicemail. I have been worried about you, okay. I wouldn't be this upset if you didn't look like someone had just ripped out your heart. " He explains as he stares at me frustrated. His eyebrows are raised and his hands are up in the air moving gesturing as he speaks.

"I'm sorry but I'm fine. I should've called back but I was just feeling like crap, I didn't mean to worry you." I tell him and he begins to calm down.

"You're the worst, you know that?" He asks with a sigh followed by a small smile.

"Yes, I do." I answer with a chuckle. I open up my arms and pull Nate into a hug.

"What happened? You were fine when I last saw you yesterday. According to Gossip Girl, you were with Logan?" Nate asks as we part from the hug.

I stare at the ground. "It's true" I say. I begin to regret sending that photo to Gossip Girl.

"Lena, I promise you if he makes you cry one more time I will hurt him so bad" Nate remarks and I smile at him.