17//The Christmas Blast

Chapter 17

"Sleigh bells, are you listening

In the lane, snow is glistening
A beautiful sight, we're happy tonight
Walking in a winter wonderland."

Mom and I sing as we enter the
Holiday Bazaar & Charity Auction at school. Christmas is tomorrow and I can't be anymore excited. My favorite holiday and everything seems perfect for once.

"Madaline" A blonde woman smiles as she stands beside Bart Bass. She had medium length hair and her skin tone is fair but her cheeks are rosy from the chilly air.

"Lily, it's so wonderful to see you" Mom smiles and they give each other an air kiss on their cheeks.

"Hi, I'm Lena" I say with a smile and extend my hand out.

"Lily. You're Serena's friend?" She says as she shakes my hand.

"Yes. You're her mother?" I answer.

"I am. I apologize it took this long for us to meet" She answers.

"Oh, it's alright." I smile. I knew she reminded me of someone.

"Nice to see you, Ladies" Bart Bass says

"You too" I say with a forced smile.

"You too, Bart" Mom smiles and they share a small quick hug.

"Lena, Serena's around here somewhere just letting you know" Lily says.

"Oh, thank you. I'm actually going to go look for her. I'll see you later, mom" I say and wave to the three adults as I leave.

I leave and walk around as I search for a talk blonde.

I find Serena, talking to Dan. I smile as I approach them.

"Hey!" I greet the two.

"Lena" Serena smiles and pulls me into a hug a warm bear hug.

"Come on in here, Humphrey" I say and pull Dan in. "You guys are so warm" I say and they laugh.

"Haven't seen you in a while, Le" Dan says

"Yeah, where have you been? You've been MIA" Serena says, agreeing with Dan. She crosses her arms in front of her chest and raises her eyebrows.

"Well, you see I've been occupied? With some business" I say struggling to find the right words. I'm unsure whether to tell them about Logan or not. I'm not sure if we're exclusive or even something.

"That sounds a lot like a question" Dan chuckle.

"Have you ditched us for someone else?" Serena asks and narrows her eyes at me.

"Of course not." I answer

"Unless Lena found a Beau" Dan smirks

"Lena, you're blushing!" Serena smiles

"I knew it! Who is it?" Dan says with a smile and exchanges a look with Serena.

The two stare at me waiting for an answer and I stare at them back. I don't what to say, I don't have a lover not even close to a boyfriend.

"Look guys I..." I began

"Logan!" Serena exclaims

"What?! No no no.." I began

"He's right there. He's coming over" Serena smiles and waves at him from behind me.

Oh. I don't bother to look back.

"Lena, are you alright?" Dan asks concerned

"Mhmm" I lie and give Dan a fake smile.

"Hey, Logan" Serena smiles as Logan joins our triangle but now formed square.