12//Shoulder to Lean on

Chapter 12

I swirl my milkshake with straw as Nate and I walk out of school together. I bought this milkshake at lunch and I only managed to drink half of it. Many guys have been trying to be my prince charming today and many girls have been bugging me to tell me who it is. The last gossip girl post is getting out of hand.

"Lena" A guy says. I turn and see a guy I've never seen before. "How about we end this absurd search for Prince Charming when I am him." He says

I laugh and toss my milkshake away at the trash can beside Nate. "You a-.." I began to say.

The guy grabs a hold of me, he spins me around then dips me down like a romantic dance move. "One kiss and I'll be gone" He says

"Get off of me" I say and lifts me up. I push myself off of him and walk away, dragging Nate along with me.

"What a creep" Nate says as he sends a glare to the guy.

"Tell me about it" I agree. Our phones go off, Nate and I exchange a look before checking our phones knowing what it is.

'Could this be our Prince Charming?'

"Well he may have gotten what he wanted" I say to Nate as I look at the attached photo with me in the guy's arms. I put my phone in my bag and turn to Nate. "Thanks for being the only person today who hasn't asked about 'Prince Charming'" I say.

"Yeah. Right, you're welcome." He says as he scratches the back of his neck.

"You were just about to ask weren't you?" I ask and gaze at him.

"Yeah, sorry. It's just I'm curious." He answers and gives me a sheepish smile.

"And so is everyone else. If you must know Prince Charming isn't so Prince Charming." I say and he quirks an eyebrow at me.

"It'd maybe make more sense if I knew who it was" He says as he still tries to press answer from me.

"He doesn't fall far from the circle" I say and he gives me a look.

"Well that helps. Wait Chuck?" He asks, he glares at me wide eyed.

"No" I answer. "I feel offended" I add and furrow my eyebrows.

"That was a joke. You hardly let Chuck say a full sentence to you" Nate says and chuckles.

"Funny" I bluntly say.

"Oh! Hey, I have to go meet my dad but we'll talk later?" He says and I nod my head in response. He gives me a quick side hug before walking off.

I go home and end up with nothing to do. I finished homework early. Serena and Dan have plans together and Nate is out with Blair and his family. Meanwhile I'm on the couch in my pajamas watching Twilight.

"What the? Vampires sparkle?" I say to myself as I watch the movie. Edward opened up his shirt and walked into the sunlight revealing his pale sparkling body to Bella. "What happened to burning into ashes?"

Whatever. I'm into it. I pull a blanket over myself and continue to watch the movie. This movie opens my mind as to why I can't understand many things. Maybe If I read the book I'd understand it more.

A knock on the door interrupts me from watching the intense fight scene. I groan and grab the T.V remote. I push pause and hop off the couch "You're death will have to wait" I say to the T.V. James is fighting with Edward as Bella lays on the ground like a helpless human being that she is.

I walk over to the door and unlock it before opening it. My eyes widen. "Nate. What are you doing here? I thought you had that dinner with your family and Blair." I ask as he walk inside the room.