14//Thanksgiving Surprise(s)

Chapter 14

"Is it true that you and Nate are having a secret affair?" A girl asks. She stares at awaiting her answer. She's so eager to know, some people are very inquisitive.

A post on Gossip Girl indicated that Nate and I are secretly dating. Someone snapped a photo of Nate and I outside of Blair's birthday party, the story on the website is not close to the truth at all. I still haven't faced the wrath of Blair yet and I'm hoping I won't.

"No. We aren't." I simply answer.

"Your latte ma'am." The employee says and hand me my white chocolate latte.

"Thank you" I said.

I leave the cafe before I begin to get interrogated by all the inquisitive females in there.

It's thanksgiving, my second favorite holiday. It's just not the same this year because dad isn't here. I go back to hotel and take the elevator up to the room. Once I opened the door I immediately smelled the aroma of herbs and a baking turkey. Apple cinnamon candles are lit up all around the room adding an autumn feeling into the room. Autumn leaves and decorations are neatly placed around the rooms.

"I'm back." I shout as I carry in two bags filled with ingredients.

"In the kitchen!" My shouts. I hear her chuckle after then the sound of a man laughing and talking catches my attention.

I walk into the kitchen. No. Mom is mixing up spices while talking to Thomas Devenport who is helping her around the kitchen. I set the bags down on the counter.

"Lena. It's good to see you again." Thomas greets.

I wish I could say the same. "You too" I say with a fake smile. "So you're staying for dinner?" I ask

"Well yes I am. If you don't mind, We wouldn't want to intrude" Thomas answers.

"We?" I ask

"Logan and I. He went out for some cider, he'll be back shortly." He says.

Of course. My thanksgiving is going to be spent with the Devenports. "That's great. That the two of you are staying for dinner. Make yourself at him" I say to him with a smile. That's the biggest lie I've told today. "I'm going to go freshen up." I say.

I leave the two to continue cooking as I walk into my room. I close the door behind me and sit down on the vanity chair. This is going to be a long day. I pick up my phone and click Nate's contact name, I hold the phone up to my hear and hear it ring.

"Happy Turkey Day." Nate says.

"Happy Turkey Day" I chuckle.

"What's up?" He asks

"Just wanted to call" I say

"I'm flattered but I just having a feeling you want to tell me something" He says

L: "Well, your feeling is right but I do enjoy talking to you."

N: "Just tell wise Nate what's bothering you"

L: "The Devenport's are staying for dinner. My mom invited them without my acknowledgment."

N: "Oh. You can just hide in your room until they leave"

L: "Then I would be considered a rude guest and get lectured by my mother."

N: "That's a clever point. You know what just don't care. He's a jerk and there's no reason why you should be worrying about him being in your home. Play it cool, show him you're fine without him because quite frankly you don't need him."