22//Secrets and Revelations

Chapter 21

Austin Butler as Liam

Third person POV

Lena opens the front door to the Collier suite to reveal Madaline and Elijah awaiting her arrival. Lena's eyes widen in surprise as the two smile.

"Happy Birthday!" Both Elijah and Madaline exclaimed in excitement. Lena stands at the doorway completely baffled.

She walks inside and closes the door behind her. A small smile grows on her face as she looks at her parents. She runs into her dad's arms and hugs him "Thank you" She says.

She then turns to her mother and hugs her as well. "Thank you, mom" She says.

Madaline and Elijah both smile at their daughter. "So what do you want to do today?" Elijah asks with a grin.

"I really don't want to celebrate." Lena answers. She still feels upset over last nights events. Only if she would've have told Logan the truth she wouldn't be in this current state of despair.

"Why not? What happened?" Madaline begins to question her daughter out of concern.

"Nothing. I'm just not in the mood in celebrating another year closer to my death." Lena lies yet somewhat tells the truth. Elijah finds humor in that statement and chuckles as Madaline does not.

"You may not want to celebrate and that's fine but I already made reservations for the three of us at a new Italian place downtown." Madaline says to Lena.

"Fine" Lena says followed by a sigh of surrender. "Italian food, again? Is this one going to blow up too? " Lena thought to herself.

As the morning and afternoon went by Lena spent her time in bed catching up on Grey's Anatomy. It wasn't until her mother got her out of bed that she began to get ready. Noticing Lena's lack of motivation to pick out a pleasant outfit and brush her hair, Madaline took control. She made Lena shower as she chose out an outfit.

Once Lena dried up she changed into the dark navy blue short sleeve blouse and white paneled skirt with floral designs at the bottom. Madaline blow dried Lena's hair and straightened it, she then applied makeup on her. Not too much though, she didn't want her baby girl looking older than her age.

Once she was done she showed Lena how she turned her into a beautiful princess for her birthday

Once she was done she showed Lena how she turned her into a beautiful princess for her birthday. Lena smiled at herself then thanked her mother.

The three Colliers left the Palace Hotel and caught a cab to an elegant building. As the entered the building Lena began to question them.

"Where's the restaurant?" She asked curiously as they walked up the white marble stairs to the second floor.

"Just behind those doors." Madaline answered as she tried to hide her grin but Lena noticed and began to think her mother was acting suspiciously.